Recording Countdown to keep

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Carl Harrison
Rookie

Recording Countdown to keep

Post by Carl Harrison »

Hi all

Technology question. When appearing on Countdown hopefully later this year, I'm wondering how it will be possible to record my episode(s) to keep for posterity (personal home use only, not trying to infringe any copyrights etc :) ).

In the old days you could just record to VHS, but there doesn't seem to be such an easy option now! I'll record on my Sky box at the time, but that won't last indefinitely (when I changed from Sky+ to Sky Q last year I lost all my existing recordings), and I think all the on-demand recordings disappear after a while so really ideally would want a way to convert them to DVD but I really don't know how to do that. And I don't suppose the Countdown team/C4 would be able to supply DVD recordings of episodes?

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Re: Recording Countdown to keep

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Just an ordinary DVD recorder connected to the television will do it. Make sure it isn't Blu-Ray though.
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Carl Harrison
Rookie

Post by Carl Harrison »

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to be very easy to even buy a DVD recorder these days - they seem to have gone out of fashion in these times of streaming and Sky boxes etc. Any ideas or suggestions anyone?! - thanks.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Surely you can buy anything online!

Also there might be a non-conventional downloader for All 4 that allows you to keep it. I'm pretty sure there is for the iPlayer.

Edit - just did a very quick search.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

If I want to record something off the TV to keep, I normally record it on my computer using a USB TV dongle, such as this. Mine isn't that specific one, but it's similar.
Countdown Team
Acolyte

Post by Countdown Team »

Carl, we can happily send you a digital file of your show(s) once they have aired.
Ian Fitzpatrick
Devotee

Post by Ian Fitzpatrick »

Countdown Team wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm Carl, we can happily send you a digital file of your show(s) once they have aired.
The power of this forum! How good is that? Well done Countdown Team
I thought I was good at Countdown until I joined this forum
Carl Harrison
Rookie

Post by Carl Harrison »

Countdown Team wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 pm Carl, we can happily send you a digital file of your show(s) once they have aired.
That's brilliant - thank you so much! Much easier than trying to work out how to do it via a recordable DVD player or USB dongles etc. Just got to actually get on the show now :)