Saturday Shows

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Saturday Shows

Post by Tom S »

I know that us forumites cannot do much about the scheduling of Channel 4, but, personally, I rather enjoyed watching live today on a grim Saturday afternoon. I should imagine more folks would be able to watch the show, too, had they been aware of it. So, the question I would like to pose, is, " Should Saturday Shows be brought back" if it was down to your view.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Re: Saturday Shows

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Now that I have a full-time job I'd have to say that a Saturday slot would be quite convenient! They managed six-day-a-week broadcasts for several months in Series 54 (early 2006) -- does anyone know why the Saturday show was put there?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Re: Saturday Shows

Post by Tom S »

Johnny Canuck wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:22 pm Now that I have a full-time job I'd have to say that a Saturday slot would be quite convenient! They managed six-day-a-week broadcasts for several months in Series 54 (early 2006) -- does anyone know why the Saturday show was put there?
According to the wiki, it was down to the fact that 54 was having high viewing figures- maybe it might do the show some good!