The Leak...

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

The Leak...

Post by James Robinson »

Just looking online and see this story that seems to be exploding all around...:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5 ... itter/amp/
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-ra ... Apply-Leak

Quite like the fact that they seem surprised by some of these rules. Clearly have nothing much better to do, do they... :?: :?: :?: :P :P :P
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Re: The Leak...

Post by Graeme Cole »

I hope nobody at the Express or Sun is reading this. What if they found out that thousands of past contestants, including us, received the same guidelines about wardrobe and game procedure when they went on the show and didn't give them to the press, on the paper-thin pretext that we didn't think it was newsworthy? We're all complicit in the biggest and most scandalous cover-up in TV history. They probably also know that our cover-up was joint-funded by the BBC, the EU and Jeremy Corbyn, so there's no point in us hiding that any more.

If they find out you're not allowed to pick fewer than three or more than five vowels, this could be bigger than the expenses scandal.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Pretending to clap though? You're just a bunch of fraudsters.

I like the bit where they've worked out the number of "please"s that minimises overall complaints.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Maybe a better story is to leak the success of Apterites on countdown over the last 10 years or more
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Marc Meakin wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:25 am Maybe a better story is to leak the success of Apterites on countdown over the last 10 years or more
That would be fun.
Noel Mc
Enthusiast

Post by Noel Mc »

The Daily Express article has a video of one of my numbers rounds on it. 'Rachel Riley snaps at Martin Lewis' lololololol
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

This somehow has only just now wound up on the Daily Mail Twitter feed.
Graeme Cole wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:30 pmWhat if they found out that thousands of past contestants, including us, received the same guidelines about wardrobe and game procedure when they went on the show and didn't give them to the press, on the paper-thin pretext that we didn't think it was newsworthy?
Yeah, this. That says, they do seem to have changed since I was on.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...