"APTEROUS" on Countdown

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
L'oisleatch McGraw
Devotee

"APTEROUS" on Countdown

Post by L'oisleatch McGraw »

Is it just me, or is there a palpably weird and knowing atmosphere in the studio every time APTEROUS comes up as a DC max on Countdown?
It's kind of like in Harry Potter when someone dares to say "Voldemort" rather than "he who must not be named".

Susie has a slightly excited expression, of someone who is being a little subversive.
Nick (badly) feigns ignorance of ever having heard of such a thing.
Rachel gives a conspiratorial cheeky grin to the camera, just to directly acknowledge that she knows each of us are watching and understand.

Or maybe it's just me.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: S:778-ochamp
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: "APTEROUS" on Countdown

Post by Mark Deeks »

Nah, it happens.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Re: "APTEROUS" on Countdown

Post by Adam Gillard »

L'oisleatch McGraw wrote:Is it just me, or is there a palpably weird and knowing atmosphere in the studio every time APTEROUS comes up as a DC max on Countdown?
It's kind of like in Harry Potter when someone dares to say "Voldemort" rather than "he who must not be named".

Susie has a slightly excited expression, of someone who is being a little subversive.
Nick (badly) feigns ignorance of ever having heard of such a thing.
Rachel gives a conspiratorial cheeky grin to the camera, just to directly acknowledge that she knows each of us are watching and understand.

Or maybe it's just me.
Yeah pretty accurate from what I just saw, but I think Nick might genuinely be ignorant of it.
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."