Never play Countdown when you're THIS tired... this is what could happen.

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Peter Clarke
Rookie

Never play Countdown when you're THIS tired... this is what could happen.

Post by Peter Clarke »

Take a look at this game I played just now with Oli, for your own amusement.

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?game=1709242

I declared 7 non-words, missed REACTIONS (saw NOTARISE), missed easy words like MOONIER, in the end just didn't give a sh*t and wasted a 6 with PATHED (Oli declared 7 first). I basically couldn't find much and ended up just making up words in some rounds lol.

For somebody with a rating of 1165, even when feeling so tired you're head feels THIS tight, you NEED sleep, I must of been able to do better than THAT :L Not that I was bothered about my rating dropping though. Probably the worst (and my hilarious) game I have EVER played :L Has anyone ever declared 7 or beyond non-words before? Lol. I didn't feel THAT tired when I started, but 1 or 2 rounds in, it really kicked in. :lol:

Funny how I got the conundrum and that my numbers weren't too affected lol. It does show I'm more naturally good at the numbers than the letters I think, I'm only artificially OK at the letters :lol: . Still though, funny game. Not that I have applied, but imagine on the show though :o :shock: :lol:
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Re: Never play Countdown when you're THIS tired... this is what could happen.

Post by Gavin Chipper »

gg wp
Matthew Tassier
Acolyte

Post by Matthew Tassier »

Au contraire, if you play apterous when you are not drunk, tired, hungover, stoned, straitjacketed or listening to One Direction at full volume then you are taking the game too seriously.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

...I find I play well hungover, tbf.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Thomas Carey
Kiloposter

Post by Thomas Carey »

Matthew Tassier wrote:Au contraire, if you play apterous when you are not drunk, tired, hungover, stoned, straitjacketed or listening to One Direction at full volume then you are taking the game too seriously.
Someone (Steve Balog?) suggested a variant where your score is your points multiplied by your BAC. Think we need to change the rules to include all these things.

Next COLIN hangover?
cheers maus
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Thomas Carey wrote:Someone (Steve Balog?) suggested a variant where your score is your points multiplied by your BAC.
"Well... it's 4.145 points apiece! Looks like we've got a draw. We'll have to do a tie-break conund-rum-shot!"
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.