Funniest episode of Countdown, ever

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Re: Funniest episode of Countdown, ever

Post by Jason Larsen »

Way to be honest, David!
rubsley

Post by rubsley »

David O'Donnell wrote:
Both are extremely nice and decent people. Jon really does not live up to the bad-boy persona he portrays on this forum: actually, and I know this sounds mega-gay (though not as gay when I tried to rape him in the gents) ... he struck me as quite a sensitive person.
Hey David, that's good to know - I imagine most people are really nice; I guess internet forums are just a safe and depersonalised place for us to express the bit of us that really likes calling people names. :-)

The thing is, when I read my account, what I read is mostly a tale of embarrassment, incompetence and regret; perhaps my words haven't done a very good job in expressing this in this case - although at least one person has got it. Mostly, though, it seems like people thought I was trying to be funny - when the truth is much closer to what Clare said: that I went on there, wasn't very good, wasn't sure why, and just detailed what happened. Nothing premeditated (apart from the admittedly clumsy "stoned"), just the result of several sleepless nights, a last-minute call-in, and an unexpected total lack of interest in trying to win. Perhaps I could have expressed that better (and I did write a bit more, that hasn't made it onto the Countdown page, that talked more about feeling stupid and contrite) but at the same time I know most people understood what I meant (fair enough, they would have been regular readers of mine who were used to my tone). So it kind of hurts when people misunderstand and then insult you, based on their misunderstandings. But, you know, people like to hurt other people, right? Hey, I might even get attacked for writing this. :-)

And, well, I done my fair share of hurting with words in the past. So - karmarama - thank you Jon and Charlie for showing me what it feels like to write harshly of others; I will try to be better in the future!

Cheers!
Rory
Tracey Mills

Post by Tracey Mills »

:D The Gotcha is the funniest Countdown moment, it is on YouTube now!!!
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

dan j wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TcyYZcJKE

haha, look at the little kid jumping.
I short-circuited his buzzer during the break...
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Tracey, I thought Joseph Bolas said the ferret incident was removed from Youtube.

If Richard Whiteley could feel pain then, he can feel pain now. Look where he is!

That was such a sad thing to happen to him, especially since he thought he would be back for Series 54. What happens to you after you live is just what you think. It's up to you. But, Richard is in a better place right now.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Jason Larsen wrote:
If Richard Whiteley could feel pain then, he can feel pain now. Look where he is!

That was such a sad thing to happen to him, especially since he thought he would be back for Series 54. What happens to you after you live is just what you think. It's up to you. But, Richard is in a better place right now.
What the hell are you on about? Richard can feel pain now? That's a bit harsh.

What happens to you after you live is just what you think? Errr....don't you die after you live?

I wish you would go the extra mile to make sense sometimes, Jason.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

Jason Larsen wrote:Tracey, I thought Joseph Bolas said the ferret incident was removed from Youtube.
Sorry Jason, but if you look here, you will see that I said that a video to do with Carol Vorderman (a rude song) had been removed from YouTube and not Richard and the ferret incident :)
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
Jason Larsen wrote:

What the hell are you on about? Richard can feel pain now? That's a bit harsh.
I think you've answered your own question there.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Oh, Kirk, I wholeheartedly apologize to you.

When you die, you are unconscious and it's like you'll be sleeping forever and you'll never wake up. After I said what I didn't mean, I said Richard Whiteley is in a better place now, and that's what I meant.

I'm sorry for contradicting myself.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Jason Larsen wrote:Oh, Kirk, I wholeheartedly apologize to you.

When you die, you are unconscious and it's like you'll be sleeping forever and you'll never wake up. After I said what I didn't mean, I said Richard Whiteley is in a better place now, and that's what I meant.

How do you know that? When did you last die?
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Matthew Green wrote:
Jason Larsen wrote:Oh, Kirk, I wholeheartedly apologize to you.

How do you know that? When did you last die?
This thread?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Matthew!

Please do not say that to me anymore!

Jon, I like to entertain people, and do so in many ways.
Matthew Green
Devotee

Post by Matthew Green »

Jason,

that to me anymore.
If I suddenly have a squirming baby on my lap it probably means that I should start paying it some attention and stop wasting my time messing around on a Countdown forum
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Sorry, Matthew!
Mike Dunbar

Post by Mike Dunbar »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Well it's probably not that funny but when I watched it all last night it was hilarious. I love the challenger's accent and her answering 4 when there are LOADS of long words (including a 5 by sticking an S on it). Also failing to get 2 of the numbers when both were really easy. Needless to say this was Hazel Wheeler, famed for getting the lowest score in the 15 round format (13 points!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZys1nbmvU

Anyone else got a funny episode (there's been a few funny clips including Aaron Webber's "minges" incident)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1rsUvz7g6o
This is why I'd never go on. That morning I'd probably hit my head getting on the train, and only understand German for the rest of the week. But really, I'd probably crack under the pressure.
Joyce Phillips
Acolyte

Post by Joyce Phillips »

Are we counting guests? Dr Phil can be hilarious, but they must have told him to keep it clean, which has made him less funny. I also remeber a very camp guy (years ago) whose double entendres (something about the rugby team being right behind him) shocked my in-laws so much that they never watched Countdown again.

I've just seen Jeff flashing his teeth on the One Show. Wonder if he'll say much about Countdown - or will it all be about sport?
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Dr. Phil trying on Drew Carey's glasses would be much funnier than that!
Derek Hazell
Kiloposter

Post by Derek Hazell »

Jason Larsen wrote:Dr. Phil trying on Drew Carey's glasses would be much funnier than that!
Are we talking about our Dr. Phil, or your Dr. Phil now Jason?
Living life in a gyratory circus kind of way.
Jason Larsen
Postmaster General

Post by Jason Larsen »

Either one, Derek!