Patricia Pay RIP

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Mark Murray
Series 70 Champion

Patricia Pay RIP

Post by Mark Murray »

Sad news to report that Patricia passed away after a long fight with cancer. I know some of you met her at the finals.

extract below from email from her husband if anyone would like to donate to the hospice care

We are planning a private interment in a small piece of woodland just above her home here in Dunsford, with friends and family present. There will be no religious service as Tricia was a committed atheist. No flowers please, although anyone wishing to do so is welcome to contribute, either now or in due season, a few native English bulbs (e.g. English bluebells, snowdrops or daffodils) or anything else which might be naturally at home in an English woodland, which will be planted in the area immediately around the grave. Donations in lieu of flowers may also be made to Hospiscare in Devon, who provided incredibly valuable support to Tricia (and indeed to me) at a most difficult time (http://www.hospiscare.co.uk/Support_us/Donate+today
Innis Carson
Devotee

Re: Patricia Pay RIP

Post by Innis Carson »

Oh wow, that's awful :( Had no idea she was so unwell. Deepest condolences to her husband and other family and friends.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Sorry to hear this sad news :( I had no idea she was really Ill. Deepest sympathies to her friends and family
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
James S Roper
Acolyte

Post by James S Roper »

This is awful. :( RIP.

My condolences to all her friends and family.
Bradley Cates
Acolyte

Post by Bradley Cates »

RIP Tricia. Condolences to her family and friends.
Sfumato soup
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Sad news. RIP.
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

RIP Tricia :( A great player whose talents deserved to be showcased further in finals. Condolences to family/friends.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Jack Worsley
Series 66 Champion

Post by Jack Worsley »

:( She looked frail when I met her at the finals but I too had no idea how unwell she was. I got on with her well and absolutely agree with the comments about her being a great player. RIP Tricia and condolences to her family.
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Quite unexpected, I too didn't know she was ill. Condolences to Tricia's friends and family.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

I had heard rumours she was ill, but this still a shock. She seemed a lovely person when I met her last April, when I was Jason Turner's green room guest. RIP Tricia. :(
Paul Worsley
Enthusiast

Post by Paul Worsley »

I just wanted to reiterate what has been said above. She was a lovely lady and a great player. RIP.
Philip Wilson
Devotee

Post by Philip Wilson »

That's really sad. I was hoping she may have been going to Bristol.
Jojo Apollo
Devotee

Post by Jojo Apollo »

Sad news, an excellent player who always had a smile on her face. RIP. Condolences to her family and friends.
Dave Nicholson

Post by Dave Nicholson »

As I said at the time my episode against her was broadcast, I found her to be a very pleasant and warm person and really enjoyed meeting her. She was a very intelligent lady and a credit to herself in how fiercely competitive she was despite her illness.

RIP- Condolences to her family.
George Pryn
Acolyte

Post by George Pryn »

RIP, was lovely meeting her and her husband at the finals. Really emphasises how good a player she was, as I remember her telling me she was having treatment a few days after the finals, yet still managed to play so well???

I hope the service goes/went well and is/was a nice send-off for her. Condolences to her friends and family.