Classic Countdown on Youtube

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Classic Countdown on Youtube

Post by Ciaran McCarthy »

I am thinking that most of countdown series and episodes should be broadcast on youtube for the reason are people might want to watch the episode for memorial (Callum Todd vs Abdi Hirsi for me), or people might want to practise and learn new word or even word of mouth when the contestant's family or friend want to show them about how contestant doing well on the show.

I did try and search Callum vs Abdi because I find it was great contest on that series especially Abdi's controversy crucial conunudrum cos I was not expected Abdi was stuttered on crucial conundrum which is great opportunity for him to match winner.

Thoughts?
Fred Mumford
Enthusiast

Re: Classic Countdown on Youtube

Post by Fred Mumford »

Channel 4 seem very protective of Countdown copyrights, as they have every right to be, but it does seem a shame as it can surely only help the show's popularity at no expense to them.

Giles put the series 68 final on youtube a few weeks ago, and it was taken down within 2 days.
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Post by Ciaran McCarthy »

i never thought about protective by channel 4 but Youtube still showing some of countdown clips like conundrum etc. Does that still same apply?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

They recently took most of their stuff off YT and encouraged more traffic to their own site.

The clip of me electrocuting Bradley Cates has survived a few years now though.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Giles
Series 68 Champion

Post by Giles »

Fred Mumford wrote: Giles put the series 68 final on youtube a few weeks ago, and it was taken down within 2 days.
A-ha! I re-uploaded it, under the "pseudonym" Tiddlywinks semi-final, but if you search for series 68 final you should still be able to find it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwIV9IfCjas
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Giles wrote:
Fred Mumford wrote: Giles put the series 68 final on youtube a few weeks ago, and it was taken down within 2 days.
A-ha! I re-uploaded it, under the "pseudonym" Tiddlywinks semi-final
Where'd you get that daft idea from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHtm4zjsMM
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."