The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

All discussion relevant to Countdown that is not too spoilerific. New members: come here first to introduce yourself. We don't bite, or at least rarely.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: The next Championship of Champions - now back on topic

Post by James Robinson »

Countdown Team wrote:Final is Wed 23 of December.
C of C starts on Jan 4th.
That's from our internal sources. 8-)
Clearly you have a few more internal sources than I do, CT. ;)
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives my with two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Andy Platt wrote:Cool stuff. Doubt I'll make it past round one like, but I'll enjoy every second.
You never know Andy.......I have to play Dylan............lol
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Mark Mills
Rookie

Post by Mark Mills »

Just heard the world is ending on September 28th, could this have an impact on the CoC.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Married to Tracey Mills but please don't be put off. :D
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives my with two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Mark Mills wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote: There are too many Countdowners with the initials CT. Conor Travers, Callum Todd, Countdown Team, Com Tappleman...
Don't forget Cracey Trills
Or Macey Trills.............lol :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Johnny Canuck wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote: Presumably the CoC will only include contestants from series 67-72, and people from S73 will have to wait for the next one. This would be the same as what happened with the 30th Birthday Championship - it followed S67 but didn't feature any contestants from that series.
Maybe but it's not been the case with standard CoCs in the past.
With the exception of CoC XII, where it happened with Corby -- he had to be entered into XIII instead. (Possibly Martin Bishop in CoC XIII too, although this seems to be more as a result of them having too many people from Series 59 already.)
Sorry to go back to a post from ages back, but have been reading through and saw my name.

I was invited to CoC, but was starting a new job during the filming days, so couldn't make it.
Johnny Canuck
Kiloposter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Martin Bishop wrote:
Johnny Canuck wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote: With the exception of CoC XII, where it happened with Corby -- he had to be entered into XIII instead. (Possibly Martin Bishop in CoC XIII too, although this seems to be more as a result of them having too many people from Series 59 already.)
Sorry to go back to a post from ages back, but have been reading through and saw my name.

I was invited to CoC, but was starting a new job during the filming days, so couldn't make it.
Ah, OK. Thanks for clarifying. (And sorry for talking about you behind your back. :P)

Did they ever have a proposed first-round opponent for you, or did this all happen before the draw was made?
I'm not dead yet. In a rut right now because of stress from work. I'll be back later in S89. I also plan to bring back the Mastergram - if I can find a way to run a timer or clock through pure MediaWiki without having to upload to Vimeo every time.
Tom
Acolyte

Post by Tom »

Really good to see that a C of C is finally taking place. I think there will be some classic games and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's more than 1 game which both players max all the way to the conundrum. I personally think that this whole tournament will go down really positively with the viewers, or negatively and be seen as an "apterous exhibition" Will make sure to keep tabs on what's happening in the tournament

Not familiar with all the names there but from what I've seen I think Dylan will probably be a clear favourite and I'd imagine Callum would have a very good chance too. Good luck to all taking part.
Probably the second tallest ever series finalist.