Pointles Series 6

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Julie T
Kiloposter

Re: Pointles Series 6

Post by Julie T »

The following is a shameless advert for the Pointless book, but mildly amusing if you've nothing better to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-XuRFQ ... e=youtu.be
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

For those who don't facebook:

Me and my lovely Pointless friend Abbie Thomas will be hobnobbing with Alexander and Richard on Monday's show.
Tune in to see if we can scoop the jackpot! If it makes the edit there might be a maths battle of some sort...
szodiac
Enthusiast

Post by szodiac »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:For those who don't facebook:

Me and my lovely Pointless friend Abbie Thomas will be hobnobbing with Alexander and Richard on Monday's show.
Tune in to see if we can scoop the jackpot! If it makes the edit there might be a maths battle of some sort...
I saw you on Pointless. You started well and hoped you'd go all the way.... then Jessica came home from College and I had to miss the end to make supper for my girls! Weird that, 'cause normally we'd be watching Wolfblood on CITV with my youngest but we forgot :roll:

Mauro
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

Spoilers about today's show below.

Very unlucky Dinos and Abbie. The fact that you were dominating both games until the head to head was impressive, and I'm very sad you never made the final. I hope they bring you back in a "best teams to never win" special, because I suspect you and Abbie would be up there in that regard.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Just stumbled across this page, which has quite a few lists of pointles answers from pervious seasons (not at all complete, and they seem to have given up, but might interest some others here).
Jordan F
Kiloposter

Post by Jordan F »

I'm surprised nobody has talked about a certain event that's happened (spoilers below):

The record breaking jackpot win that happened yesterday. I must say I'm surprised it even broke 20k, but well done to those gentlemen for pulling it off. I'll also take a little pride in coming up with another one of the Pointless answers in Kazakhstan(spelled wrong probably).
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Jordan F wrote:I'm surprised nobody has talked about a certain event that's happened (spoilers below):

The record breaking jackpot win that happened yesterday. I must say I'm surprised it even broke 20k, but well done to those gentlemen for pulling it off. I'll also take a little pride in coming up with another one of the Pointless answers in Kazakhstan(spelled wrong probably).
Yeah, just happened to catch that yesterday. Was quite surprised their pointles answer was pointles though. It was a pertty fun question, at least.
Peter Mabey
Kiloposter

Post by Peter Mabey »

By the way. although Kyrgyzstan only has one of AEIOU, it does have more than one vowel, as the Ys are pronounced as vowels, too. (On the other hand, the Y of Yemen is a consonant.) :ugeek:
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

I got four of the six pointless answers so I was well chuffed.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Peter Mabey wrote:By the way. although Kyrgyzstan only has one of AEIOU, it does have more than one vowel, as the Ys are pronounced as vowels, too. (On the other hand, the Y of Yemen is a consonant.) :ugeek:
Yawn. (Two vowels.)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Mark James wrote:I got four of the six pointless answers so I was well chuffed.
Good effort. Though it's impossible to get four when you only declare three answers remember! We've had plenty of episodes where we've "got" but not "got" a pointles answer in a tough question.

We went for Madagascar, Seychelles (though I included "The" at the front, which joyously still works fine), and Kosovo. We honestly thought at least S and K would be pointles, but obviously weren't fully up to speed that Kosovo is apparently only partly recognised as a country.

Overall though an easy question. Even though the answers weren't as easy as I expected at first I think most people who have enough of a grip on geography to choose the question would be able to get 1 out of 3.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Interesting that we've still got all these things in the Series 6 page, especially as we've had 64 episodes of Series 7 and that it finishes in a week's time (Series 7, not the whole programme itself). :geek: :ugeek:
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Pointles

Post by Matt Morrison »

James Robinson wrote:Interesting that we've still got all these things in the Series 6 page, especially as we've had 64 episodes of Series 7 and that it finishes in a week's time (Series 7, not the whole programme itself). :geek: :ugeek:
You were the one who created a time-sensitive thread James! Bad forum form! Feel free to rename it just Pointles with no series mention.
Adam Gillard
Kiloposter
Location: About 45 minutes south-east of Thibodaux, Louisiana

Post by Adam Gillard »

Or ointless or Poitl
Mike Brown: "Round 12: T N R S A E I G U

C1: SIGNATURE (18) ["9; not written down"]
C2: SEATING (7)
Score: 108–16 (max 113)

Another niner for Adam and yet another century. Well done, that man."
Matt Morrison