Blockbusters

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Mike Brown
Legend

Blockbusters

Post by Mike Brown »

In case anyone is interested, I just thought I'd mention that Talkback Thames are looking for people to take part in a new series of Blockbusters, to be shown next year on Challenge TV. Adults only (sound familiar?), either solo or as a pair (at least some things don't change). "Bags of enthusiasm, an outgoing personality and good general knowledge" are required, apparently. email blockbusters@talkbackthames.tv for more info.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Blockbusters

Post by James Robinson »

Me and Rich Priest have already applied as a team, although it does say that you can have the option of being split and be able to compete as singles as well, so I've taken that precaution too.

So, hopefully we'll be up for the challenge. ;) :) :D
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

James Robinson wrote:Me and Rich Priest have already applied as a team, although it does say that you can have the option of being split and be able to compete as singles as well, so I've taken that precaution too.

So, hopefully we'll be up for the challenge. ;) :) :D
Cool. Pity it's not on a mainstream channel.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

Awesome. I wonder how it's going to work in terms of prizes and whatnot. I can only presume it'll be some jackpot for every gold run you manage (maybe increasing with each run), but will they give you £££ for every correct answer as you go along as well in the regular rounds? Could be interesting.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Me and Rich have got an audition in Manchester on Finals day next week. 8-)
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

James (husband not Robinson) and I have applied but not heard anything yet. I did, however, today receive an email reminding me to send back the application (I requested it but James sent it back so they're probably thinking I haven't bothered). I've never had that before so I'm wondering if they're a bit short of applicants.

That said, we probably won't get an audition now!