Pointles Series 3

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Re: Pointless Series 3

Post by Charlie Reams »

Chris Corby wrote: When the show starts there are 8 people representing 12.5% of 100, so if 12 people get it right in the survey, statistically, one of the 8 should get it as well, ya?
And sometimes when you roll 4 dice they all come up six. Individual cases don't prove anything. I don't doubt that their sampling method is a bit rubbish or broken because actually doing something like that correctly is really hard. And the people being surveyed are in a completely different situation (no TV cameras, no pressure, no friend breathing down their neck), probably a different demographic to the people who get to appear on the show, and in any case being asked to perform a totally different task to the contestants, so your example isn't even anomalous in the first place. I think if you're going to accuse people of foul play like deliberately distorting the survey results, you need more evidence than the occasional question where the contestants defied your personal prediction which (like everyone's) is biased in all sorts of directions. But like all the best conspiracy theories, no lack of evidence or plausibility is going to convince you otherwise.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Deliberately biasing the results would be pointless.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Post by Michael Wallace »

I have taken to referring to Pointless as Pointles, because Pointles is a much sillier sounding word. I hope everyone else agrees.
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

We are where we were a year ago with Michael and Charlie convinced the survey is as simple as polling only 100 people online and going with their answers. Who knows, perhaps one day the truth will out.... Goodnight from me on this subject :roll:
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Chris Corby wrote:We are where we were a year ago with Michael and Charlie convinced the survey is as simple as polling only 100 people online and going with their answers.
Yeah, I said in my previous post that this probably isn't the case so perhaps the slow pace of this debate is more related to you not reading what's being written.
Who knows, perhaps one day the truth will out
It's genuinely like you're trying to sound like conspiracy loon. Is this a wind-up?
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Chris Corby wrote:We are where we were a year ago with Michael and Charlie convinced the survey is as simple as polling only 100 people online and going with their answers.
Yeah, I said in my previous post that this probably isn't the case so perhaps the slow pace of this debate is more related to you not reading what's being written.
Who knows, perhaps one day the truth will out
It's genuinely like you're trying to sound like conspiracy loon. Is this a wind-up?
Have you not seen the Derren Brown thread? The Corbies are renowned for this. They sit around the TV with their tin foil hats on to repel the New World Order. And yet they cheat on quiz machines.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Jon O'Neill wrote:Have you not seen the Derren Brown thread? The Corbies are renowned for this. They sit around the TV with their tin foil hats on to repel the New World Order.
While Jono sits in front of his TV mouth agape at Derren's extraordinary mind control skills, goes apopletic at the X-Factor's latest oh-no-THEY-DI'N'T piece of entirely-intentional-to-grab-the-headlines controversy, etc etc
Chris Corby
Devotee

Post by Chris Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:
It's genuinely like you're trying to sound like conspiracy loon.
Ooops! Thought I had finished on this subject but can't let this go without comment. When I wrote that "Who knows, perhaps one day the truth will out..." it was not in an X-Files sort of way it was hoping that we would be told how the poll results were achieved by the researchers. For instance, if the show, because of its growing increase in popularity got transferred to BBC1 to give "The Weakest Link" a rest (as I have seen mooted in other forums) it could be that some hack would be given the task by their editor to find out.....

Until then, when I write that the poll results are bizarre in some cases, it is because I am basing that conclusion on a lifetime of assimilating knowledge by talking to and mixing with people of all ages and classes (for want of a better word). The majority of the population is older than you, whereas the majority of the population is younger than me – who is better placed to have a feel about what Mr & Mrs Average UK know? Assuming that being a “grown-up” starts at 18, then anyone who is 24 has barely put a toe in the water of adulthood - your six years compared to my 45.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Saw the ending to this...that was Dorian Liddell right?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Chris Corby wrote:Until then, when I write that the poll results are bizarre in some cases, it is because I am basing that conclusion on a lifetime of assimilating knowledge by talking to and mixing with people of all ages and classes (for want of a better word). The majority of the population is older than you, whereas the majority of the population is younger than me – who is better placed to have a feel about what Mr & Mrs Average UK know? Assuming that being a “grown-up” starts at 18, then anyone who is 24 has barely put a toe in the water of adulthood - your six years compared to my 45.
Except that no part of my argument depends on me knowing more than you about anything, except maybe statistics.
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Ryan Taylor wrote:Saw the ending to this...that was Dorian Liddell right?
I caught the very end too and yes it was. That was some awesome hat-frolicking with AA at the end there.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:
I caught the very end too and yes it was. That was some awesome hat-frolicking with AA at the end there.
Yeah, they were definitely deserving winners. Glad they won after his mate was forced to sing "My Favourite Things" out loud as well.

NOTE also: Series 4 applications have just gone online. Sending mine tonight. :D
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

James Robinson wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:
Yeah, they were definitely deserving winners. Glad they won after his mate was forced to sing "My Favourite Things" out loud as well.

NOTE also: Series 4 applications have just gone online. Sending mine tonight. :D
Good luc- Ah forget it.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

James Robinson wrote: Yeah, they were definitely deserving winners. Glad they won after his mate was forced to sing "My Favourite Things" out loud as well.

Thought you are on on the 15th?
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

You're thinking of Karen and her hubby James. Robbo's audition was unsuccessful despite all the good luck we gave him :(
Josh Hurst
Enthusiast

Post by Josh Hurst »

I thought I heard Alexander say "So, Lauren Laverne..." to one of the contestants today. It turns out that it was a tank of a man called "Lauren III". Great name. The guy he was with was called "Lauren", and was presumably his Dad judging by his age (I don't know, I joined the episode late), which raises the question, has Lauren III got an older brother or sister called Lauren II? I guess someone can shed some light on the situation.
Oliver Garner
Series 62 Champion

Post by Oliver Garner »

Dinos Sfyris wrote:You're thinking of Karen and her hubby James. Robbo's audition was unsuccessful despite all the good luck we gave him :(
Oh, I thought Karen and James were going as Team Countdown.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Josh Hurst wrote:I thought I heard Alexander say "So, Lauren Laverne..." to one of the contestants today. It turns out that it was a tank of a man called "Lauren III". Great name. The guy he was with was called "Lauren", and was presumably his Dad judging by his age (I don't know, I joined the episode late), which raises the question, has Lauren III got an older brother or sister called Lauren II? I guess someone can shed some light on the situation.
Implication from the opening spiel is a brother or something, they didn't give much away. Also, another jackpot round we'd've got a triple pointless on today :(
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Oliver Garner wrote:
Dinos Sfyris wrote:You're thinking of Karen and her hubby James. Robbo's audition was unsuccessful despite all the good luck we gave him :(
Oh, I thought Karen and James were going as Team Countdown.
That would have been nice, but I'm sure Mr. Pearson wouldn't agree. :roll:
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

There's a Team Countdown on today.

However, I'm cheering on the Eurovision fans.
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

SPOILER:

Woooo Eurovision!
Last edited by Martin Bishop on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

SPOILERS:

Pretty good show. Seemed obvious from the start who would be in the head to head. Annoying as always not to be told all the jackpot pointlesses, but that seemed like a pretty easy question for anyone who's seen the show. I do wonder what they'd've done if Kyrgyzstan did border Russia, though.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Well the Chemistry question finally got picked MW, did you get it? Barium was my only sure fire correct answer, but was no good.
The others were just stuff I'd evidently made up which sounded reasonable like Celium and Cerium - got no respect for idiots going for Carbon and Helium without even fucking trying to get a pointless.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Matt Morrison wrote:Well the Chemistry question finally got picked MW, did you get it? Barium was my only sure fire correct answer, but was no good.
The others were just stuff I'd evidently made up which sounded reasonable like Celium and Cerium - got no respect for idiots going for Carbon and Helium without even fucking trying to get a pointless.
I got osmium but the only others I could think of were barium and helium, so would've had to go with them (putting osmium last, obv). Was quite surprised osmium was pointless as I thought it was reasonably well-known (seem to remember lithium as the lightest metal and osmium as the heaviest, but I might be completely out of date or plain wrong with that).
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

JimBentley wrote:
Matt Morrison wrote:Well the Chemistry question finally got picked MW, did you get it? Barium was my only sure fire correct answer, but was no good.
I got osmium but the only others I could think of were barium and helium, so would've had to go with them (putting osmium last, obv). Was quite surprised osmium was pointless as I thought it was reasonably well-known (seem to remember lithium as the lightest metal and osmium as the heaviest, but I might be completely out of date or plain wrong with that).
Didn't see it. What was the question? 6 lettered elements of the periodic table? If so my top 3 would have been ERBIUM INDIUM and probably IODINE thanks to Tom Lehrer.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Matt Morrison wrote:Well the Chemistry question finally got picked MW, did you get it?
Yeah, although we (I say we, it was CF, obviously) only got one pointless in indium, which is a bit lame. Pretty hard question, though, although I think the team were a bit flattered to get there (this was the woman who went for British Guyana as an African Commonwealth country, after all...).
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Oh yeah - round 1 of pointles today (the cooking terms one). Am I just an expert cook (haha no) or was that round retardedly easy? In both sets they seemed to have 6 well known methods of cooking and one other answer (which must have been wrong).

(It must be a fix, etc. etc.)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Michael Wallace wrote:Oh yeah - round 1 of pointles today (the cooking terms one). Am I just an expert cook (haha no) or was that round retardedly easy? In both sets they seemed to have 6 well known methods of cooking and one other answer (which must have been wrong).

(It must be a fix, etc. etc.)
Yup, easy as absolute fuck. And (add this to the pointless conspiracy theories) it's insane how some mad good answers still get numbers and things like DEVILLING (fricaseeing to some extent but less so, as devilling actually has several dishes with the process in the title) get pointlessness.
James Doohan
Enthusiast

Post by James Doohan »

Whoops, may have been spoilerific post, apologies :?
Eoin Monaghan
Kiloposter

Post by Eoin Monaghan »

Spoilers: Unlucky Karen but very well played.
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

What is the official position on Spoilers for this forum? Answers are discussed openly above, so why not who wins/loses?

For those not aware, today's episode features the team of Karen and Mr. Karen. I don't think that's a spoiler.
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Martin Bishop wrote: For those not aware, today's episode features the team of Karen and Mr. Karen. I don't think that's a spoiler.
Missed this. Why didn't someone remind us or sumfink?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Ryan Taylor wrote: Missed this. Why didn't someone remind us or sumfink?
I put it on my Facebook page - what more do you want???
You'll have to watch it on iPlayer then!
Kai Laddiman
Fanatic

Post by Kai Laddiman »

Karen Pearson wrote:
You still haven't accepted my friend request :o

Well played Karen, unlucky to come so close but good that you got the trophy.
16/10/2007 - Episode 4460
Dinos Sfyris 76 - 78 Dorian Lidell
Proof that even idiots can get well and truly mainwheeled.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Kai Laddiman wrote:
Karen Pearson wrote:
You still haven't accepted my friend request :o

Well played Karen, unlucky to come so close but good that you got the trophy.
Nothing personal Kai - I am not of your generation where you have hundreds of friends - I think I currently have about 16!
Anyway, I'm just protecting you in case there is ever anything on there that is unsuitable for your delicate eyes/ears!

Thanks though - trophy is actually very nice!
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

I don't think you should worry too much about spoilers once a (non-Countdown) show has aired - if I see the Pointless thread has been posted in following a show I haven't watched, I can just about work out that that's probably because people are discussing the show in question!

Nevertheless, spoilers:

Ouch. World geography is such a great category for people like you who have studied for the show, and that was a pretty horrible question (other world geography jackpots have been laughable by comparison). The whole territories/countries thing is a bit of a dick move too. Still, you absolutely blitzed the opposition, which was pretty smooth. Maybe at Co:Lon we should have all bring our Pointles trophies.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Re: Pointles Series 3

Post by Matt Morrison »

I have a pointless trophy in my pants.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Morrison wrote:I have a pointless trophy in my pants.
Am I invited?
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Michael Wallace wrote:I don't think you should worry too much about spoilers once a (non-Countdown) show has aired - if I see the Pointless thread has been posted in following a show I haven't watched, I can just about work out that that's probably because people are discussing the show in question!

Nevertheless, spoilers:

Ouch. World geography is such a great category for people like you who have studied for the show, and that was a pretty horrible question (other world geography jackpots have been laughable by comparison). The whole territories/countries thing is a bit of a dick move too. Still, you absolutely blitzed the opposition, which was pretty smooth. Maybe at Co:Lon we should have all bring our Pointles trophies.
Thanks Michael. The other three couple had all been at the studio the day before (whereas we hadn't) and one in particular was looking quite smug so we put the wind up them a bit by getting our massive lever arch folders out to revise and then, when the boys went off to make-up, James managed to let slip how much he'd won on WDW - a bit mischievous but funny!

We did toy with American sport (but that discussion was clearly cut out) as we'd revised that a fair bit but decided that overall, we could have a fair stab at anything on world geography! Mistake!! We'd revised all sorts of nasty topics like largest islands, largest seas, largest lakes etc but this topic just never occurred to us. I was trying to remember Diego Garcia but couldn't dredge it up in the minute - I don't know whether they'd have accepted that as it's only 1 part of the Indian Ocean territory.

I did grimace when James said Stansted though but he says he'd have gone for a more obscure answer if the first people hadn't got theirs wrong - but he knew I'd be OK on it on account of my background!

Still, it was a lot of fun (some things that ended up on the cutting room floor as they wouldn't be suitable for broadcast at 4.30pm!), I'd recommend it!
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Amongst my spoiler worries, I neglected to congratulate Karen and James on a very impressive performance. I would have said Belfast George Best airport though, so I did better. :)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Just seen it now. Very well done, Karen. A very wonderful effort. I was happy getting Derby in the Football League question, although was well surprised that it was pointless.

Very unlucky on the final question. Like you, I probably should've remembered the Turks & Caicos Islands, although I was hoping that Niue was a Pointless, so was slightly surprised it wasn't.

I definitely need to try and get on the next series. ;) :) :D Sounds like a brill day. 8-)
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

James Robinson wrote:I was hoping that Niue was a Pointless, so was slightly surprised it wasn't.
Are you sure Niue is right? Wiki doesn't...
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Michael Wallace wrote:
James Robinson wrote:I was hoping that Niue was a Pointless, so was slightly surprised it wasn't.
Ah.... :oops:
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

James Robinson wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:
Ah.... :oops:
Still impressively obscure though.
Martin Bishop
Enthusiast

Post by Martin Bishop »

Where are these 100 people? When asked for seas and channels around UK and Ireland, the Irish Sea was the top answer. I suspect everyone polled were in Liverpool.

Also, really annoying today when they didn't give the list of pointless answers.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Martin Bishop wrote:Really annoying today when they didn't give the list of pointless answers.
Maybe they thought there was no point in showing them.
:lol:
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...
Debbi Flack
Acolyte

Post by Debbi Flack »

Finally seen the show and just wanted to say well done Karen and James.
She came, she saw - oh well, at least she tried!
Ben Hunter
Kiloposter

Post by Ben Hunter »

Saw this the other day, good performance. I thought of Pitcairn Islands in the last round but didn't think it would be pointless. Pretty unlucky with that question, in the heat of the moment it's probably easy to get 'crown dependencies' mixed up with similar sounding concepts.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Rhys Benjamin wrote:
Martin Bishop wrote:Really annoying today when they didn't give the list of pointless answers.
Maybe they thought there was no point in showing them.
:lol:
Give Rhys his account back please, Martin.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Michael Wallace wrote:Pretty good show. Seemed obvious from the start who would be in the head to head.
Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. 8-)

Only just seen the shows as the Beeb inconsiderately decided to broadcast them while I was on my hols (in Florida so not even possible to watch them on iPlayer). Lots of stuff got cut, most of which I'm quite relieved about. Alexander Armstrong obviously has an earpiece and spends a lot of time bantering with the people in the gallery, which I found disconcerting as you're sometimes not sure whether he's talking to you or not. As a consequence I sometimes didn't really engage with him as much as I'd have liked to. On our first show, I'd been elected to answer the usual "How do you two know each other?" question; I said something like "We first got to know each other through an internet forum for fans of another well known game show," at which point he looked away and said, "What? What's wrong with that? We can say that, can't we?" which put me off my stride a bit right from the word go.

Having read most of the previous posts about the show I'm amazed that no one else who's been on seems to have said this, so I will: Richard Osman is just *incredibly* fucking tall. I think he's almost certainly the tallest person I've ever met. No wonder they keep him behind that desk. (My first words to him when he introduced himself before the show were, "You're very tall," which was socially inept even for me.)

I'd forgotten just how close that head to head round was. I dismissed my first thought (Ukraine) on the countries one as I thought it would be a high scorer - wasn't expecting Ross and Ben to give a wrong answer. And when they gave tuna as their salad nicoise ingredient, I assumed that would be the top answer so I just wanted to be sure of not being wrong with ours, which is why I went with eggs instead of olives or (my first suggestion, which was cut) anchovies, either of which would have won us the point.

Had we made it to the final I would certainly have picked Chemistry given those options. A couple of days after the recording Sue emailed me to say she'd heard what the question was; I mentally ran through the first verse of the Tom Lehrer song and picked nickel (not obscure but which I thought many people might not realise was an element) along with osmium and indium - both of which turned out to be pointless. So, give or take a few ifs and buts, we could easily have been eleven grand better off. Ah well.

Just missed meeting Karen and James as they were in the studio the day after us. Haven't seen their show yet but I've read the spoilers so congratulations to you both on your performance!

OT: I worked out that, at almost exactly the time Sue and I were seen making our disappointingly early (for us) exit from Wednesday's show, i.e. around 1pm Eastern Time, I was launching myself down the Summit Plummet at Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. You can get an idea of how scary this was by watching this video. And you can get an idea of how much it hurt by checking out the bruises on my butt cheeks. :shock:

Hope you're all keeping well; I occasionally miss this place but so far I've successfully resisted the temptation to start reading and posting regularly again - it used to take up too much of my time...
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Phil Reynolds wrote:Lots of stuff got cut, most of which I'm quite relieved about. Alexander Armstrong obviously has an earpiece and spends a lot of time bantering with the people in the gallery, which I found disconcerting as you're sometimes not sure whether he's talking to you or not. As a consequence I sometimes didn't really engage with him as much as I'd have liked to. On our first show, I'd been elected to answer the usual "How do you two know each other?" question; I said something like "We first got to know each other through an internet forum for fans of another well known game show," at which point he looked away and said, "What? What's wrong with that? We can say that, can't we?" which put me off my stride a bit right from the word go.
Yeah I was definitely expecting more smut from you Reynolds. Personally would have thought the forum line would have been fine, and it would have been good to have you two represent internet forums considering most of us are, ya know, socially inept weirdos and that. If me and Heather get on might have to rework the "fell in love through Countdown story" then :s
Phil Reynolds wrote:And when they gave tuna as their salad nicoise ingredient, I assumed that would be the top answer so I just wanted to be sure of not being wrong with ours, which is why I went with eggs instead of olives or (my first suggestion, which was cut) anchovies, either of which would have won us the point.
I was shocked also that tuna wasn't the top answer, or at least miles above eggs (makes you wonder if so many people just guessed lettuce as they heard mention of 'salad'). Sue was fucking good on this round, listing several things like potatoes and olives that I didn't know were involved (not embarrassed about that, being vegetarian), so it was a shame it didn't work out.
Phil Reynolds wrote:Had we made it to the final I would certainly have picked Chemistry given those options. A couple of days after the recording Sue emailed me to say she'd heard what the question was; I mentally ran through the first verse of the Tom Lehrer song and picked nickel (not obscure but which I thought many people might not realise was an element) along with osmium and indium - both of which turned out to be pointless. So, give or take a few ifs and buts, we could easily have been eleven grand better off. Ah well.
On the plus side, at least you didn't have to sing the Tom Lehrer song out loud in front of millions of people. You know you would have been made to. Probably worth embarrassing yourself for eleven grand though, mind.
Phil Reynolds wrote:at almost exactly the time Sue and I were seen making our disappointingly early exit from Wednesday's show, I was launching myself down the Summit Plummet at Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. You can get an idea of how scary this was by watching this video. And you can get an idea of how much it hurt by checking out the bruises on my butt cheeks.
You look different.

EDITED to change post to a Michael Wallace-friendly title.
Last edited by Matt Morrison on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

Ben Hunter wrote: in the heat of the moment it's probably easy to get 'crown dependencies' mixed up with similar sounding concepts.
No, we knew exactly what they meant, we just couldn't think of (m)any obscure ones. There was no point in even mentioning the likes of the Falklands and Gibraltar so then we just decided to go down the obscure countries route - apart from St Helena which I was sure was right.

You don't get a lot of time to choose your category and, obviously, only a minute to come up with your three answers. That doesn't allow you the luxury of dredging the deep recesses of your mind.
But that's the way the cookie crumbles - there have been plenty of final questions this series where we'd have got at least one pointless answer - it comes down to an element of luck. But we're not upset with our performance, we'll just apply for something else and see how we get on - there are worse hobbies to have!

(Oh, and thanks Debbie)
Andy Wilson
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Wilson »

Just started watching this show and I love it. Chris on today's show reminds me of the Tango man. Can't get I player unfortunately to watch older shows.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Karen Pearson wrote:You don't get a lot of time to choose your category and, obviously, only a minute to come up with your three answers. That doesn't allow you the luxury of dredging the deep recesses of your mind.
But that's the way the cookie crumbles - there have been plenty of final questions this series where we'd have got at least one pointless answer - it comes down to an element of luck. But we're not upset with our performance, we'll just apply for something else and see how we get on - there are worse hobbies to have!
Yep, totally agree. We were lucky in a way that which topic we chose was easy (I saw the football question get picked and I wouldn't have got it, and the boy bands topic never resurfaced, but since we'd only learnt hits of Boyzone, Take That and Westlife we could very easily have been completely shafted). I knew Walter Mondale, too, but like you say 60 seconds really isn't very long to dredge up answers from the back of your mind.
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Phil Reynolds wrote:OT: I worked out that, at almost exactly the time Sue and I were seen making our disappointingly early (for us) exit from Wednesday's show, i.e. around 1pm Eastern Time, I was launching myself down the Summit Plummet at Disney's Blizzard Beach water park. You can get an idea of how scary this was by watching this video. And you can get an idea of how much it hurt by checking out the bruises on my butt cheeks. :shock:
When first reading your post, Phil, I though you were giving us a second link in this paragraph. :o
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Howard Somerset wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:you can get an idea of how much it hurt by checking out the bruises on my butt cheeks.
When first reading your post, Phil, I though you were giving us a second link in this paragraph. :o
Maybe I should post some pics in the Hilarious Personal Injuries thread?
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

I read that backwards, so was disappointed when I found out you hadn't got bruised bum cheeks from being on Pointles.
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General

Post by Phil Reynolds »

Michael Wallace wrote:I read that backwards, so was disappointed when I found out you hadn't got bruised bum cheeks from being on Pointles.
As it happens, I did. Sue was very cross with me for giving a wrong answer in the African Commonwealth countries round.
Michael Wallace
Racoonteur

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Michael Wallace wrote:I read that backwards, so was disappointed when I found out you hadn't got bruised bum cheeks from being on Pointles.
As it happens, I did. Sue was very cross with me for giving a wrong answer in the African Commonwealth countries round.
Oh, that's understandable. CF was very cross with me when I said "oh, they'll go through with that" after you said Zimbabwe :oops:
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

Michael Wallace wrote:
Phil Reynolds wrote:
Oh, that's understandable. CF was very cross with me when I said "oh, they'll go through with that" after you said Zimbabwe :oops:
I thought they'd go through with Zimbabwe. I was astounded when it was wrong and didn't want to admit to the fact that I thought it was right.