Beat the Chasers

For all TV game shows, past, present and future, apart from the main event.

Moderators: JackHurst, Lesley Hines

Mark James
Kiloposter

Beat the Chasers

Post by Mark James »

So what do people think of this? Not a patch on the original for me. A good few of the contestants were short changed with the offers compared to others. The better the chasers assumed you were the worse the offers. Other than having to get at least one, the first five questions were kind of useless. It seemed like you were always going to be offered 10,000 to face three chasers. The only difference would be the time and it would probaly be in your interest to do badly on that first set to fool the chasers and get more time. The offers should have been better tied to those questions and rewarded better players. Also the banter seemed forced. Way more than usual anyway.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Re: Beat the Chasers

Post by Tom S »

Quite liked the format, but it did feel very Americanized on occasions.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

I liked it for what it was but the format is surely flawed - it's probably easier to face 5 chasers than 1 or 2 in a 1-minute shootout.
Rhys Benjamin
Postmaster General

Post by Rhys Benjamin »

Also, if the opening offer is for a ridiculously high amount of seconds, then what's the point? You're almost certain to lose. I feel as though the cashbuilder round should be for seconds in each tier rather than money for an offer you won't take anyway.
The forum's resident JAILBAKER, who has SPONDERED several times...