I made a Word Ladders app

Cerebral distractions of every kind, mostly but not exclusively Countdown-related.

Moderator: Michael Wallace

JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

I made a Word Ladders app

Post by JackHurst »

Hey

I've published a word puzzle app on the Play Store. It should be good fun for for those of you who like Countdown, Crosswords, Scrabble etc.

You can find it here

Features include:
  • 1000 levels of varying difficulties
  • An overall scoreboard linked to google play so you can compare vs friends and world wide
  • Way fewer advert than other similar word games
  • Detailed stats at the end of each level
The game has been out for over a year now, and here are some fun stats
  • Over 18K downloads
  • An average rating of 4.4/5 from over 100 reviews
  • Over 100K levels solved
Please download, have a play, leave feedback and if you are feeling nice, drop a 5* review on google play.

Thx xxx
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Re: I made a Word Ladders app

Post by Fiona T »

Nice - having a play now, but my phone vibrating every key press annoying MrT who's watching the footie - is there a way to turn that off? Can't see any setting/options
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Fiona T wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:52 pm Nice - having a play now, but my phone vibrating every key press annoying MrT who's watching the footie - is there a way to turn that off? Can't see any setting/options
This is a piece of feedback I've had a few times now. I will turn vibration off by default in the next update.
Tom S
Kiloposter

Post by Tom S »

Nice job Jack- can imagine it could get a bit addictive! In fact, you know it's had an immediate effect on you when you moan about a " 1 star" puzzle being tougher than the "3 star" one you've just done :)
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

yeah seems fun so far - it's not clear from the description if there are 100 set levels, or an unlimited number. (think I'm up to 70s ish) Hardest puzzles definitely those with an extra step.

Other feedback - the word lookup doesn't work for me - just sticks me on google homepage.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Fiona T wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:45 pm Other feedback - the word lookup doesn't work for me - just sticks me on google homepage.
Thanks. Have added it to the list of improvements.

Thanks to those of you who have downloaded and played. I can see scores on the scoreboard from Josh H and Tom S (and maybe more of you but I don't recognise your pseudonyms). Big thanks to Josh and Oli G for the 5* reviews :D
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Fiona T wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:45 pm Other feedback - the word lookup doesn't work for me - just sticks me on google homepage.
Fixed this issue and also added an option to disable vibrations in the latest update.
Fiona T
Kiloposter

Post by Fiona T »

Nice :)
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

There is a quiz show on today called Lingo which according to the trailer kooks remarkably like word ladders
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Yeah Lingo isn't great. The format is as old as the sun though eh, no one is infringing on anyone here.
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Matt Morrison wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:44 pm Yeah Lingo isn't great. The format is as old as the sun though eh, no one is infringing on anyone here.
I just downloaded and played a version of lingo I found on the play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... bit.piatka
it's actually quite good! I think the app has some UI issues for users on smaller screens, but it works ok for me.

While the game is fundamentally different, the UI is amusing similar.
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

Again though, it's such an old format that I assume the app isn't linked to the TV show at all?
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Matt Morrison wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:12 pm Again though, it's such an old format that I assume the app isn't linked to the TV show at all?
Oh sorry I was comparing the Lingo app to the Word ladders app.

The Lingo app is the same as the lingo TV show.
Patrick- McCurdie

Post by Patrick- McCurdie »

how do i download this on apple iphone ?
JackHurst
Series 63 Champion

Post by JackHurst »

Patrick- McCurdie wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:12 pm how do i download this on apple iphone ?
Sorry Patrick, it's Android only.