Bug reports

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Re: Bug reports

Post by Julie T »

Julie T wrote:I've been having problems with rounds not coming up. Just get 'waiting for opponent'. Appears to happen most with 'The Guardian' and mostly with conundrum rounds. I tried going out and in again a few times, no luck. I played a whole game with Waldorf while it was frozen. Main prob is that I can't do another star chart game till it ends.

Still won't go onto the next round, though I'm managing to play other games. If I leave it alone, will it disappear in a couple of days so I'll be able to carry on with the star chart?
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Julie T wrote:
Julie T wrote:I've been having problems with rounds not coming up. Just get 'waiting for opponent'. Appears to happen most with 'The Guardian' and mostly with conundrum rounds. I tried going out and in again a few times, no luck. I played a whole game with Waldorf while it was frozen. Main prob is that I can't do another star chart game till it ends.

Still won't go onto the next round, though I'm managing to play other games. If I leave it alone, will it disappear in a couple of days so I'll be able to carry on with the star chart?
Ask me next time I'm online at the same time as you and I'll try to work out WTF.
Matthew Tassier
Acolyte

Post by Matthew Tassier »

I've been having trouble with hyper conundrums, similarly to Julie's problem above. Whether in the last round of a Hyper15 or a single hyper conundrum both players are getting "waiting for opponent" but nothing appears. I was playing Norm and he said a similar thing happened when he recently played hyper against The Guardian.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Julie T wrote:

Ask me next time I'm online at the same time as you and I'll try to work out WTF.
Thanks, Charlie. :)
"My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me." Benjamin Disraeli
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

When i press either play or play(small), i get the yellow exclamation mark in the bottom left of screen, and the error is this....

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:04:26 UTC

Line: 2
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://www.apterous.org/apterous.js

Will try removing java and reinstalling.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Sounds like you need to update your browser, Damian, it sounds like you're running a version of Internet Explorer from about 1921. But if you can't, a forced refresh (Ctrl+F5) will probably solve your problem.
D Eadie
Devotee

Post by D Eadie »

I'm using IE 8. Have managed to get in temporarily, then the Java circle comes up after hitting play and it just keeps on loading, but the progress bar makes no progress, if that makes sense. You've ruined my life.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

D Eadie wrote:I'm using IE 8. Have managed to get in temporarily, then the Java circle comes up after hitting play and it just keeps on loading, but the progress bar makes no progress, if that makes sense. You've ruined my life.
That's what happened to me on two separate computers over Christmas. I never worked out why.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

D Eadie wrote:I'm using IE 8. Have managed to get in temporarily, then the Java circle comes up after hitting play and it just keeps on loading, but the progress bar makes no progress, if that makes sense. You've ruined my life.
Interesting, they seem to have removed some stuff from IE8. I've fixed the bug but it still seems to be impossible to log in at the moment, which is probably because the site is (for some reason) running amazingly slowly.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Interesting, they seem to have removed some stuff from IE8. I've fixed the bug but it still seems to be impossible to log in at the moment, which is probably because the site is (for some reason) running amazingly slowly.
I've found pages on the website quite slow to load for a while now. Not really enough to whinge about most times though, but very noticeable.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

This is the second time this has happened and I think both times it's happened when my opponent has started round 14 then quit (both times because they said it had crashed their end). After seeing them leave the room, I quit the game. They come back in and I played round 14 again. This time I got the target, 214, and typed in the notes box, as usual:

50x4+7+8-(9-8)

I then pressed end round early expecting a win. However, Innis then ended round early after and it immediately gave me no points, coming up as 214 x in the game review. If I had mistyped my sum (which I didn't) it would usually give me the option to click the buttons....this never happened. It just said "sorry, you're wrong". This has happened twice now. Game is here.

Interestingly, in this review, it shows as -- whereas when I played it showed as 214 x.

Here was the console:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-1" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid remove
at javax.swing.JTextArea.replaceRange(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.util.ConsoleWindow$25.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

And if it helps at all -- the box that pops up and shows you your method didn't pop up. Also, Innis said on his in-game review thing, it just showed as --- whereas on mine it definitely showed as 214 x.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Dunno if this is a bug but the "never been spotted" lists claim to update every day but hasn't been updated for some while...for instance SAUGERS and ARGUSES have both been spotted, yet remain on the list.
Simon Myers
Enthusiast

Post by Simon Myers »

Kirk Bevins wrote:Dunno if this is a bug but the "never been spotted" lists claim to update every day but hasn't been updated for some while...for instance SAUGERS and ARGUSES have both been spotted, yet remain on the list.
I think a few of the statland pages aren't quite working as they should, including most rounds played, which has been "coming soon" for at least 2 days now, and some of the pages are at best misleading, like the top players page at the bottom says the last update was about 2 days ago, but the top of the page says a new version will be around in about 1 minute. Thankfully these things aren't top priority.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Simon Myers wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:Dunno if this is a bug but the "never been spotted" lists claim to update every day but hasn't been updated for some while...for instance SAUGERS and ARGUSES have both been spotted, yet remain on the list.
I think a few of the statland pages aren't quite working as they should, including most rounds played, which has been "coming soon" for at least 2 days now
More like 6 months ;) I deleted the code after I wrote it and have never bothered to recreate it.
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Julie T wrote:

Didn't manage to catch up with you, but the problem seems to have been resolved, and I finished the game today at last. :)

I'm now 5th in the list of most stars achieved:

http://apterous.org/starchart_leaders.php

I spend far too much time on apterous! :mrgreen:
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

ZOMG I've been banned :o
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Phew. Ban lifted :)
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I'm fairly sure this hasn't been mentioned, apologies if it has. Some (but not all) Bash Room messages are appearing in the chat logs.

2010-01-29 12:20:28 Kieran Child: who aren't a mainstream funk band?
2010-01-29 12:20:43 Matt Morrison entered the room!
2010-01-29 12:20:53 Matt Morrison entered the room! [me entering the bash room]
2010-01-29 12:20:57 Kieran Child: red NOT chillie peppers
2010-01-29 12:21:01 Matt Morrison got it first. You have 10.2 seconds left.
2010-01-29 12:21:01 Everyone got it! Matt Morrison was the fastest on 19.3 seconds and gets 2 bonus points. The answers to REGANT were ARGENT, GARNET.
2010-01-29 12:21:06 Matt Morrison got it first. You have 25.2 seconds left.
2010-01-29 12:21:06 Everyone got it! Matt Morrison was the fastest on 4.3 seconds and gets 2 bonus points. The answers to EAMGLNS were MANGELS, MANGLES.
[these were bash room teasers]
2010-01-29 12:21:09 Alex Johnston: i cant believe im laughing

[...]

2010-01-29 12:22:06 Time's up and no one got it! The answer to AEACVSDN was ADVANCES.
2010-01-29 12:22:31 Liam Tiernan is playing Apterous Waldorf in a Unlimited Letters Attack.
2010-01-29 12:22:37 Time's up and no one got it! The answer to GSAWGEW was GEWGAWS. [these were also bash room teasers - so results appear in the chat logs, but the 'your new teaser is' messages do not]
Chris Davies
Series 61 Champion

Post by Chris Davies »

http://www.apterous.org/viewgame.php?ga ... 1#r2670201

I got an ambulance for round 6 - could it have something to do with the fact that there was a numbers round in between the two nines?
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

What do you get ambulances for?
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Gavin Chipper wrote:What do you get ambulances for?
3 consecutive 9's
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Over the last couple of weeks, I've have a few games where, in at least one round, the clock has jumped forward, not giving me a chance to enter anything.
I was playing the Guardian today and it happened, but it has occurred with human opponents too.
Marc Meakin
Post-apocalypse

Post by Marc Meakin »

Julie T wrote:Over the last couple of weeks, I've have a few games where, in at least one round, the clock has jumped forward, not giving me a chance to enter anything.
I was playing the Guardian today and it happened, but it has occurred with human opponents too.
That also happened in my game against Joyce Phillips today.
GR MSL GNDT MSS NGVWL SRND NNLYC NNCT
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

999 Gavin. Come on, I thought you were supposed to be intelligent.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Kirk Bevins wrote:
:o
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:
:o
I thought that was a bit mean too! Especially as I also had to ask what it was. ;)
Would probably have sussed it if I'd seen a game where one had been legitimately gained.
J.Levison
Rookie

Post by J.Levison »

Not sure if it is a bug but i have just beaten Chris Colledge 110-27 but wasnt awarded a benjamin in my items, not a big deal but i dont get too many 100+ scores so was just wondering if benjamins have stopped being given out
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

J.Levison wrote:Not sure if it is a bug but i have just beaten Chris Colledge 110-27 but wasnt awarded a benjamin in my items, not a big deal but i dont get too many 100+ scores so was just wondering if benjamins have stopped being given out
I think Charlie ran out but some more are being shipped in shortly.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

After you've played a game the ratings thing isn't quite right, e.g. I was on 2009 before I played the game and it said:

"You gained 1 rating point, taking you to 2009."
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Kirk Bevins wrote:After you've played a game the ratings thing isn't quite right, e.g. I was on 2009 before I played the game and it said:

It rounds your rating and the number of points you received, so probably you were on 2008.6 and you gained 0.7, or whatever. There's not any easy solution to this really.
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Charlie Reams wrote: It rounds your rating and the number of points you received, so probably you were on 2008.6 and you gained 0.7, or whatever. There's not any easy solution to this really.
Ah. OK, thanks.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Kirk Bevins wrote:After you've played a game the ratings thing isn't quite right, e.g. I was on 2009 before I played the game and it said:

It rounds your rating and the number of points you received, so probably you were on 2008.6 and you gained 0.7, or whatever. There's not any easy solution to this really.
int i = round(oldRating,0) -- as it appears before
*perform calculation on rating*
int j = round(newRating,0) -- as it appears after

string msg = "You gained " + (j - i) + " points, taking you to " + j

Salted.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon Corby wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:

int i = round(oldRating,0) -- as it appears before
*perform calculation on rating*
int j = round(newRating,0) -- as it appears after

string msg = "You gained " + (j - i) + " points, taking you to " + j

Salted.
So it will sometimes say you gained 0 points when you didn't, which would garner an equal number of complaints (ie no one cares).
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

[quote="Charlie ReamsSo it will sometimes say you gained 0 points when you didn't, which would garner an equal number of complaints (ie no one cares).[/quote]

"Your rating increased/decreased by x points to y" OR if new(y) - old(y) = 0 then "your rating did not change and remains at y"?

But aye, not a great thing to worry about.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

h
Ian Volante wrote:[quote="Charlie ReamsSo it will sometimes say you gained 0 points when you didn't, which would garner an equal number of complaints (ie no one cares).
"Your rating increased/decreased by x points to y" OR if new(y) - old(y) = 0 then "your rating did not change and remains at y"?

But aye, not a great thing to worry about.[/quote]
Haha, thanks, I would never have thought to use an if statement. The problem is that your rating did change (albeit not visibly). I don't know whether people would find that confusing. Short of showing more decimal places (does anyone want that?) I can't really see what else to do.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:So it will sometimes say you gained 0 points when you didn't, which would garner an equal number of complaints (ie no one cares).
I did wonder if I needed to put the conditional code in around the message, but I thought it would be fairly obvious. Nonetheless, it also seems a fairly "obvious" "problem" to fix anyway. Not that I'm dissing your ability in any way as apterous is a phenomenal achievement, I guess it just struck me as odd that you'd say there's "no easy solution" when it seems trivially simple.
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Charlie Reams wrote:Short of showing more decimal places (does anyone want that?) I can't really see what else to do.
Only use the rounded before & after ratings when processing the (potential) message? Unless you're suggesting there's some value in telling people that their rating has increased, but by an amount that isn't visible? :?
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Jon Corby wrote:Unless you're suggesting there's some value in telling people that their rating has increased, but by an amount that isn't visible? :?
I think there is. Or at least, it's confusing to tell someone their rating didn't change when it did. I can see people being puzzled by winning and finding their rating didn't change at all, especially when they beat the same person again and this time they do gain a point. I guess it's a trivial point but I think the very existence of this bug report indicates that some people pay far too much attention!

Incidentally what I'd really like to do is replace the rating system completely with something like Glicko, but I can see people being really baffled and annoyed if they won and their rating went down, even if that is actually fair on the basis of the evidence available. To some extent it's a question of whether you want the rating system to be a maximally accurate reflection of ability, or more of a reward system for improving players. I've traditionally imagined it as the latter.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Another thing you could presumably do if you wanted to complicate things is to have a rating that is made up using some formula from unseen separate ratings in the different disciplines (letters, numbers, conundrum). And when you play someone it changes your three ratings accordingly and then just tells you the lump sum.
Matt Bayfield
Devotee

Post by Matt Bayfield »

Not a serious bug/problem/issue (so apologies for making your heart sink, Charlie, by posting it in this thread) but just to let you know...

...apterous seems to think that for statistical purposes (but not during gameplay), 8-letter words with an umlauted vowel, are 9 letters long. This manifests itself in a couple of ways I've noticed: some 8-letter words are included in my list of "spotted nines". Also n-letter umlauted words are also listed amongst the (n+1)-letter words in other word lists e.g. pencils gained in Superstats.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Matt Bayfield wrote:Not a serious bug/problem/issue (so apologies for making your heart sink, Charlie, by posting it in this thread) but just to let you know...

...apterous seems to think that for statistical purposes (but not during gameplay), 8-letter words with an umlauted vowel, are 9 letters long. This manifests itself in a couple of ways I've noticed: some 8-letter words are included in my list of "spotted nines". Also n-letter umlauted words are also listed amongst the (n+1)-letter words in other word lists e.g. pencils gained in Superstats.
Well spotted, I caught some but not all of these. Let me know as you spot them and I'll fix them.
Jimmy Gough
Devotee

Post by Jimmy Gough »

1000 replies. Someone buy Charlie a chocolate cake.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Jimmy Gough wrote:1000 replies. Someone buy Charlie a chocolate cake.
Fot writing a program with 1000 bugs in? :o
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jimmy Gough wrote:1000 replies. Someone buy Charlie a chocolate cake.
Fot writing a program with 1000 bugs in? :o
1001 now, you bastard.

Edit: 1002. Shit.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Minor one: On superstats, my games played stats are as follows:

Code: Select all

Games played
Total games	2281
Normal games	429
Duel entries	1834
Classic games	18
I suspect this is in the wrong order.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Charlie Reams wrote:Incidentally what I'd really like to do is replace the rating system completely with something like Glicko, but I can see people being really baffled and annoyed if they won and their rating went down, even if that is actually fair on the basis of the evidence available. To some extent it's a question of whether you want the rating system to be a maximally accurate reflection of ability, or more of a reward system for improving players. I've traditionally imagined it as the latter.
I think either type of system would make sense, as long as the "odds" are set correctly. Like with a normal bet, you only win if your horse (or whatever) wins, even if it's 1000/1 and you miss out by 0.001 seconds, and you would still win if it was 1/1000 and won by only 0.001 seconds.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

Got the following in my game against Hugh B when he buzzed late in on the conundrum (on my system it said at 30.2 seconds, not sure if that's relevant):
ClientGame606 [CXPLAY]: java.io.IOException: net.BlockingLayerInterruptedException: net.BlockingNetworkLayer$FinalObjectExtractedException: Stream ended (final object extracted)
If you want the whole conundrum round:

Code: Select all

CX Conundrum round started...
CX getting shuffle...
ClientReceiveThread >> GameEvent{key=606,o=apterous.game.ConundrumPuzzle@1b5080a}
RX GameEvent{key=606,o=apterous.game.ConundrumPuzzle@1b5080a}
XX GameEvent{key=606,o=apterous.game.ConundrumPuzzle@1b5080a}
CX Got shuffle, passing to player...
TPP 5
CX initializing plexer...
CX awaiting message
Awoken!
Awoken!
CX sending keepalive
KeepaliveThread << net.MessageToServer$Keepalive@19e1b2f
CX sent keepalive
Awoken!
PROCESSINGP
PROCESSINGP
[P]Awoken!
CX want buzz
ClientGame606 << GameEvent{key=606,pos=0,o=net.ConundrumEvent$BuzzRequest@13abf3d}
CX awaiting message
PROCESSINGR
PROCESSINGR
[R]PROCESSINGP
PROCESSINGE
PROCESSINGE
[E]PROCESSINGR
PROCESSINGE
PROCESSINGA
PROCESSINGA
[A]PROCESSINGA
PROCESSINGC
PROCESSINGC
[C]PROCESSINGC
PROCESSINGH
PROCESSINGH
[H]PROCESSINGH
PROCESSINGE
PROCESSINGE
[E]PROCESSINGT
PROCESSINGT
[T]PROCESSINGE
PROCESSINGT
PROCESSINGY
PROCESSINGY
[Y]PROCESSINGY
ClientReceiveThread >> GameEvent{key=606,o=[Buzz for P=0]}
RX GameEvent{key=606,o=[Buzz for P=0]}
XX GameEvent{key=606,o=[Buzz for P=0]}
Awoken!
CX buzz: [Buzz for P=0]
CFRAME: informBuzz 0
PROCESSING

Awoken!
CX got answer from iface, sending
ClientGame606 << GameEvent{key=606,pos=0,o=net.ConundrumEvent$Answer@11cf7d7}
CX awaiting guess response
ClientReceiveThread >> GameEvent{key=606,o=net.ConundrumEvent$IncorrectContinue@60e7d2}
RX GameEvent{key=606,o=net.ConundrumEvent$IncorrectContinue@60e7d2}
XX GameEvent{key=606,o=net.ConundrumEvent$IncorrectContinue@60e7d2}
Awoken!
CX got guess response: net.ConundrumEvent$IncorrectContinue@60e7d2
CFRAME: informDeclaration P0 guessed PREACHETY on 28484 ms: Incorrect
CX awaiting message
Awoken!
CX local timeout
ClientGame606 << GameEvent{key=606,pos=0,o=net.ConundrumEvent$Timeout@5be0a8}
CX awaiting message
Round ended on 34484 ms
ClientReceiveThread >> GameEvent{key=606,o=[Buzz for P=1]}
RX GameEvent{key=606,o=[Buzz for P=1]}
XX GameEvent{key=606,o=[Buzz for P=1]}
ClientReceiveThread >> GameEvent{key=606,o=net.BlockingNetworkLayer$Poison@1bb55d3}
Awoken!
RX GameEvent{key=606,o=net.BlockingNetworkLayer$Poison@1bb55d3}
CX buzz: [Buzz for P=1]
CFRAME: informBuzz 1
CX awaiting guess response
XX GameEvent{key=606,o=net.BlockingNetworkLayer$Poison@1bb55d3}
Awoken!
{ClientGame606} CXPLAY
	java.io.IOException: net.BlockingLayerInterruptedException: net.BlockingNetworkLayer$FinalObjectExtractedException: Stream ended (final object extracted)
ClientReceiveThread >> net.MessageToClient$GamesInProgressUpdate@a5adc
RX net.MessageToClient$GamesInProgressUpdate@a5adc
XX net.MessageToClient$GamesInProgressUpdate@a5adc
Exec delta: -[-3615776118584002338: null]
Exec delta: +[8302823426877805364: net.GameSummary@1d34eac]
Exec delta: +[1765884252087596265: net.GameSummary@1d20651]
Exec delta: +[-2032683324756537496: net.GameSummary@19cee52]
Exec delta: +[-1896797439444404556: net.GameSummary@1e27046]
Exec delta: +[6986507177007795070: net.GameSummary@1391a2c]
	at util.Channelplexer.take(Channelplexer.java:111)
	at net.client.ClientRoundConundrum.play(ClientRoundConundrum.java:100)
	at net.client.ClientGame.play(ClientGame.java:82)
	at applet.frontend.MainPanel$1.run(MainPanel.java:129)
ClientReceiveThread >> net.MessageToClient$ChallengesSet@beaa01
RX net.MessageToClient$ChallengesSet@beaa01
XX net.MessageToClient$ChallengesSet@beaa01
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

This game posted on Apterous as being a PB for Frank, but it wasn't a PB for either of us.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ian Volante wrote:This game posted on Apterous as being a PB for Frank, but it wasn't a PB for either of us.
What makes you say it wasn't a PB for Frank?
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:This game posted on Apterous as being a PB for Frank, but it wasn't a PB for either of us.
What makes you say it wasn't a PB for Frank?
Ask Frank, there's a big discussion going on as to what's happened to the perfect game he got against Innis!
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ian Volante wrote:Ask Frank, there's a big discussion going on as to what's happened to the perfect game he got against Innis!
It's not in the database *shrug* I'd like to see some evidence that Andrew, err I mean Frank, hasn't just misremembered before I bother to check this out any further.
JimBentley
Fanatic

Post by JimBentley »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Ian Volante wrote:Ask Frank, there's a big discussion going on as to what's happened to the perfect game he got against Innis!
It's not in the database *shrug* I'd like to see some evidence that Andrew, err I mean Frank, hasn't just misremembered before I bother to check this out any further.
Nah, apterous is right to say it's a new record for Frank as the higher score he had against Innis was in a game that went to a tiebreak conundrum, so it's classed as "Custom".
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Post by Ian Volante »

JimBentley wrote:
Charlie Reams wrote:
Nah, apterous is right to say it's a new record for Frank as the higher score he had against Innis was in a game that went to a tiebreak conundrum, so it's classed as "Custom".
Ah, good stuff, that clears it nicely.
Andrew Feist
Enthusiast

Post by Andrew Feist »

The blurb
Time's up and 2 people got a point; Andrew Feist was the fastest on 10.8 seconds and gets 2 bonus points. The answer to IANCEHMD was MACHINED.
should probably be changed to reflect the new-and-improved number of bonus points.
Edwin Mead
Rookie

Post by Edwin Mead »

The predictive text in 'User Search' doesn't work. The following error can be found after some text is entered in the box:

Line: 282
Char: 2
Error: 'onErrorFunc' is undefined
Code: 0
URL: http://www.apterous.org/
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

http://apterous.org/viewformat.php?format=138#perfects Um :?

(Not like I'm going to get on there any time soon, but still)
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

Not really a bug report, more of a funny quirk:

Kirk Bevins got it first. You have -0.1 seconds left.

Time's up and Kirk Bevins was the only person to get it; he solved it in 60.1 seconds and receives 16 bonus points.The answer to IUEAHRSS was SHAURIES.

Ace!
Julie T
Kiloposter

Post by Julie T »

Marc Meakin wrote:
Julie T wrote:Over the last couple of weeks, I've have a few games where, in at least one round, the clock has jumped forward, not giving me a chance to enter anything.
That also happened in my game against Joyce Phillips today.
It's still happening. Caused me to offer nowt in one of the rounds of the duel today. :(
Kirk Bevins
God

Post by Kirk Bevins »

If this is a classic game, why does it not say Steve Wood [C]? Also on "Today's games" it doesn't appear to be a classic game either.
Hugh Binnie
Enthusiast

Post by Hugh Binnie »

I have two classic games that I can't continue because my opponent "is offline". Only one of them has an Apterous account, as far as I can tell. (The two are Aaron Webber and Stuart Coxshall.)