Apterous on Slack

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Tom Chafer-Cook
Series 77 Champion

Apterous on Slack

Post by Tom Chafer-Cook »

While Apterous is down, I thought people might find this useful. I created an apterous related slack 'workplace' - its a bit like a cross between a forum and instant messaging - there's different 'rooms' and so on, and I've programmed some bots for it - one that posts teasers every 5 minutes, and one that posts a new letters round every 15 minutes (the problem is there's no way to find out the maxes from the letters rounds yet) - I could also up the frequency if people are interested.

https://join.slack.com/t/apterous/share ... DM0OWE5NDA

^ That link should let you join, although I'm not around much today so I won't be able to help out much.

Also, the teasers are just scrambles taken from the top 1000 'useful' words list - if anyone has any other word lists they'd like to share they can be added in to the teaser pool :)
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Apterous on Slack

Post by Ian Volante »

I've not found a use for Slack yet. Was at a relatively geeky conference recently which had a slack channel, no-one used it, I suspect they were thinking the same thing. Maybe it will tighten at some point.
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles