Warning

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Heather Styles
Rookie

Warning

Post by Heather Styles »

I would like to tell fellow apterous members about something that happened to me. [REDACTED] conned me out of hundreds of pounds by offering apterous lessons and not delivering them all. If he approaches you offering lessons, be more sensible than I was. Which I'm sure you would be, but just to warn you.
Ian Volante
Postmaster General

Re: Warning

Post by Ian Volante »

*checks to see if it's April yet*
meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles meles
Heather Styles
Rookie

Post by Heather Styles »

No, sadly this is not fake news.
Mike Springett

Post by Mike Springett »

Wow Heather, I'm sorry to see that. I've never understood what Apterous lessons are, since I have been learning independently. And I don't know how they'd cost hundreds of pounds. But either way, I consider it criminal to con someone out of their money.
Elliott Mellor
Devotee

Post by Elliott Mellor »

What exactly were the 'apterous lessons' meant to be? Surely you learn yourself by playing apterous? As a relative newby here if someone had offered me 'apterous lessons' for any amount of money I'd have declined rather firmly. That's not to say I think it's right for anyone to be conned out of money in any way, but I can't help but wonder why you agreed to them in the first place.

In any instance, it's still very wrong that he conned you out of money, especially to the degree you have said.
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

This forum really isn't the place for personal attacks, and without any evidence, that's precisely what it is. Fraid is a crime, and if it's been committed, it need reporting to the police, or to Judge Rinder or someone who can actually do something about it, rather than potentially slandering someone. I've removed the accused's name from the OP and locked this thread for that exact reason.