Apterous Awards

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Apterous Awards

Post by Ciaran McCarthy »

From what i watch National Television Awards and Oscars (see some of them) has made me good suggestion to create Apterous Awards and possibly including for Countdown!

The categories will be including:-
> Best Maths Whizz
> Best Wordsmith (can be person who spot amazing word e.g. NAARTJIES)
> Best of Speed Conundrum
> Best of Apterous conversation host
> Best of Apterite's rankings (Can be person who incredibly improves the ranking)
> Best of Apterites's events/Tourney (e.g. Mastermind, FA Cup etc.)
> Best Newcomers
> Best Female Apterite
> Best Male Apterite
> Best CO:events
> Best Apterites who appeared on CD

Any more suggestions or if you think it is good idea please let me know or even if you disagree so i possibly arrange it or forget it :)
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Re: Apterous Awards

Post by Mark Deeks »

Fine in theory but the categories are a bit obvious and predictable to answer. It needs to be more subjective, like a proper awards show. So, Apterite You'd Most Like To Play Darts With, Apterite You Could Most Envision Setting Up A Small Business With, Best Costume, Apterite Whose Name Could Pass Off The Best As A Curse Word, etc.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Award for the Apterite who comes up with the best award - Mark early contender.
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Mark Deeks wrote:Fine in theory but the categories are a bit obvious and predictable to answer. It needs to be more subjective, like a proper awards show. So, Apterite You'd Most Like To Play Darts With, Apterite You Could Most Envision Setting Up A Small Business With, Best Costume, Apterite Whose Name Could Pass Off The Best As A Curse Word, etc.
Great Idea Mark!
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

I'll start the nominations now, there's a few categories I don't want to answer due to being discriminating so I've omitted those

> Best Maths Whizz - Callum Todd
> Best Wordsmith (can be person who spot amazing word e.g. NAARTJIES) - Callum Todd
> Best of Speed Conundrum - Callum Todd
> Best of Apterous conversation host - Callum Todd
> Best of Apterite's rankings (Can be person who incredibly improves the ranking) - Callum Todd
> Best of Apterites's events/Tourney (e.g. Mastermind, FA Cup etc.) Will be Callum Todd
> Best Newcomers - Callum Todd
> Best Apterites who appeared on CD - Christine Buffrey
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

David Barnard wrote:I'll start the nominations now, there's a few categories I don't want to answer due to being discriminating so I've omitted those

> Best Wordsmith (can be person who spot amazing word e.g. NAARTJIES) - Callum Todd
> Best of Apterite's rankings (Can be person who incredibly improves the ranking) - Callum Todd
> Best of Apterites's events/Tourney (e.g. Mastermind, FA Cup etc.) Will be Callum Todd
Actually change the best speed one to Abdirizak Hirsi
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Top 5 doable list.

Anyone wanna move this to the apterous section of the forum btw?
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Ciaran McCarthy wrote: > Best Female Apterite
Get ready...
Dave Preece
Devotee

Post by Dave Preece »

Mark Deeks wrote:Fine in theory but the categories are a bit obvious and predictable to answer. It needs to be more subjective, like a proper awards show. So, Apterite You'd Most Like To Play Darts With, Apterite You Could Most Envision Setting Up A Small Business With, Best Costume, Apterite Whose Name Could Pass Off The Best As A Curse Word, etc.
Isn't this more or less an opposite opinion to an all-time ranking list of best contestants?
Jon Corby
Moral Hero

Post by Jon Corby »

Dave Preece wrote:
Isn't this more or less an opposite opinion to an all-time ranking list of best contestants?
Ooooooooh!
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

David Barnard wrote:I'll start the nominations now, there's a few categories I don't want to answer due to being discriminating so I've omitted those

Would you like a do-over>
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
David Barnard
Enthusiast

Post by David Barnard »

Mark Deeks wrote:

Would you like a do-over>
Don't know what you mean
Ciaran McCarthy
Rookie

Surely you can pick Callum Todd once or twice as if you all votes him that will be make apterous award bit boring!

Yes i agree we can move this to apterous thread
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Dave Preece wrote:
Do an all-time great Apterite thread.
sean d
Acolyte

Post by sean d »

Cheat of the Year. Competitive category and Abdi won't get a look in