Getting Started On Apterous

Official forum of apterous.org, the website which allows you to play against other people over the Internet.
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Getting Started On Apterous

Post by Anthony Endsor »

I have been trying for some considerable time now to get started on Apterous, but so far without success. The problem seems to be with my Java settings, and even though I have updated Java, it still isn't working.
I am just wondering if there are any particular system requirements (e.g. minimum memory, latest Windows, etc). I am trying to get it to work on my 5 year old laptop, which is Windows Vista, and has a 160 GB Hard Drive.
If anyone can offer any kind of advice it would be great :)
Thanks in advance.
Anthony.
Matthew Tassier
Acolyte

Re: Getting Started On Apterous

Post by Matthew Tassier »

If you could detail exactly what happens when you try to play then people will be more likely to have ideas as to why it doesn't work for you. I'm not aware of any particular system requirements, but I'm no expert at that type of thing.
Also, if you raise it as a ticket/bug report/tech support request on the apterous website (with full details) then you may well have more chance of it coming to Charlie's attention.
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

Thanks for your response Matthew.

Well, when I log in and press 'Play', all I get is the Java logo going round and round saying it is loading. I left it for over an hour once while I did something else, so clearly it wasn't going to work. It might just be my PC being slow, which is why i was wondering about system requirements.
Anthony Endsor
Enthusiast

Post by Anthony Endsor »

Well as some of you may have gathered by my appearance on the site, I finally managed to get on to Apterous :D
I look forward to seeing you all on there. :) :P