How Much Would You Spend To Enter A CO-Event?

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.

No More Than £10
17%
£10-£15
33%
£15-£20
42%
£20-£25
8%
£25-£30
No votes
£30-£40
No votes
Money is no object, I'll come whatever the price!!
No votes

Total votes: 12

James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Following the success of yet another CO-Event, and with my one (hopefully) on the horizon, I just want to get an idea on how dedicated you are about attending CO-Events, when it comes to money.

Having now got started in organising one myself, it's definitely a hard job keeping costs down for entry fees, but when people are paying for entry fees, and possible transport fees and accommodation as well. One has to wonder, how much money are you willing to spend to attend a CO-Event :?:

The main reason I ask is, because at the moment, the proposed COHUD event I'm planning for the early summer is very likely to be the highest fee paying event yet.

So, essentially, I'm asking you all, "Is the cost of a high entry fee enough to make you not want to go to a CO-Event :?:

Remember, the poll is for entry fees ONLY :!:
Tony Atkins
Fanatic

Re: How Much Would You Spend To Enter A CO-Event?

Post by Tony Atkins »

I am lucky for COREA on Easter Saturday as we have a free venue, provided we raise money for charity.
So the entry fee is at least a £10 donation, so I will find out how much folk will pay voluntarily.
CO-MSO every August
CO:Rea 20th April 2024
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse

Post by Matt Morrison »

I've said £10-15 considering I've just paid £10 for Colin and there is inflation and that, but anything above £10 I definitely reserve the right to complain about it behind the organiser's back.
Phil Collinge
Acolyte

Post by Phil Collinge »

We were having this discussion earlier today as it happens, and the problem you face as an organiser is that the event entry fee is very much the 'headline figure' even if a significant rise wouldn't really affect the overall cost of the weekend by much.

It's very much the same problem as with football ticket prices in that a rise from, say, £25 to £35 will have people screaming that they'll never go on again and that it's pricing them out etc, when in reality they'd think nothing of doing an extra tenner on beer or travel. Added to that you're invariably going to be paying for hotels at most Co events.

I've voted £15-£20 for the purposes of this poll, as I really would like the organisers to be able to put on a good event without being out of pocket, although I suspect you'd get a higher turnout by keeping it around £10.
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja

Post by Jon O'Neill »

Phil Collinge wrote:We were having this discussion earlier today as it happens, and the problem you face as an organiser is that the event entry fee is very much the 'headline figure' even if a significant rise wouldn't really affect the overall cost of the weekend by much.

It's very much the same problem as with football ticket prices in that a rise from, say, £25 to £35 will have people screaming that they'll never go on again and that it's pricing them out etc, when in reality they'd think nothing of doing an extra tenner on beer or travel. Added to that you're invariably going to be paying for hotels at most Co events.

I've voted £15-£20 for the purposes of this poll, as I really would like the organisers to be able to put on a good event without being out of pocket, although I suspect you'd get a higher turnout by keeping it around £10.
That.
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Phil Collinge wrote:We were having this discussion earlier today as it happens, and the problem you face as an organiser is that the event entry fee is very much the 'headline figure' even if a significant rise wouldn't really affect the overall cost of the weekend by much.

Thirded.

Didn't you say you were trying to get the Huddersfield stadium to hold it, J? Charge the 15000 fans that show up to watch us play about 5p each, and that should do it.