Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.

Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Howdy y'all

COLIN is back for #8, bigger, better and benner* than ever! The date- last Saturday in January- and the venue- the Memorial Hall on Newark Road in North Hykeham- are unchanged, but the event itself has had a bit of an overhaul, as you'll see below...

This year, almost everybody will play six games of 9-round Countdown and host three more in the traditional London/Lincoln style (or Edinburgh style, to give it its proper name). The top two at the end of the day will then go forward to a 9 round grand final. This proves I actually listen to the results of the polls I create. :) prizes will as always go down to 5th with two additional 'overachiever' prizes. There will be quite a few spot prizes on offer, though.

Firstly is the 'Conundrum God' prize. Solve all six conundrums you're set throughout the day and you'll get a custom-made badge declaring yourself a, well, conundrum god.

Second is an old classic- the 'tuff luck' prize. Awarded to anyone who loses three or more games throughout the day by the lowest cumulative margin (only the three narrowest defeats will be counted).

Third we have a twist on an old classic. In the past there have been prizes for 'highest losing score' and 'highest one-game score', and they've almost always been won by Jon Corby. This year, there are two spot prizes of this nature- one for the highest single score in the first half of the game (rounds 1-4 inclusive) and one for the highest single score from round 5-9 inclusive.

[Keep checking back as more spot prizes are announced!]

Everybody who enters will also get freebies which will include at the very least the 2012 edition of the COLIN puzzle mag. :)

Sadly the price of entry has had to rise slightly to £10 to cover all this awesomeness. A cooked lunch will be available for an extra £2.50 (details can be found below). I accept paypal to hulla.mahulla@btopenworld.com or a cheque/PO to my home address (available upon request). I may also accept naked pictures of Charlie Reams as payment dependant on their quality.

Hope to see you all in January!

BJW
Link to the facebook event page

Itinerary:

10:00 doors open
11:30 welcome (officially)
11:40 warm up game (if there's demand for it)
12:10 round 1
13:30 lunch
14:15 round 2
15:35 break
15:50 round 3
17:10 break, first prizegiving
17:30 grand final
17:45 final prizegiving

Current List of paid-up entrants (35):

Mike Brown
James Robinson
Richard Priest
Ryan Taylor
Jim Bentley
Matt Morrison
Heather Badcock
Jon Corby
Gevin Chapwell
Graeme Cole
Dinos Sfyris
Matt Bayfield
Diane Pratesi
Mauro Pratesi
Jessica Pratesi
Natasha Pratesi
Mark Deeks
Jennifer Steadman
Rob Foster
Kirk Bevins
Michelle Nevitt
Adam Dexter
Thomas Carey
Joseph Krol
Lee Fisher
Stewart Gordon
Dylan Taylor
Amie Bateen
Andy Platt
Andy McGurn
Phil Collinge
Supee Juachan
Dave Coulthurst
James Wilson
Dan McColm
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby James Robinson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Sweet, I'm in. Hopefully Town will have a crap 4th round FA Cup game that day (if we're still in), well, it sounds better than Tranmere away, doesn't it :?:

The J-Master is in. ;) :) :D :mrgreen: 8-)
User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon O'Neill » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 pm

J-dawg in as well.
User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:14 pm

I'll probably go, but unlike with CO:LON it's probably safe to aritrarily wait for a few months before committing.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Thomas Carey » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:19 am

I think I'll be in.
I couldn't think of a better signature.
User avatar
Thomas Carey
Devotee
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon Corby » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 am

In like Niall Quinn.
User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Is anyone going/coming back on specific trains from London, or is it too early for that sort of talk?
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

Quick update- I took delivery of some prizes in the week- http://colin.nebagram.co.uk/scan0169.jpg :)
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:58 am

As always, if you're able to bring along a dictionary and/or a copy of the board game, please let me know.
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon Corby » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:48 am

Finally paid.

Plus - the Travelodge Christmas sale started this morning at 6am - I've just booked a room for the Friday and Saturday at the bargain price of £12 per night. Get in quick as there is a very limited number of rooms at this price (apparently).

GO NOW AND BOOK YOUR ROOM! Why are you still reading this?
User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:03 am

Jon Corby wrote:Finally paid.

Plus - the Travelodge Christmas sale started this morning at 6am - I've just booked a room for the Friday and Saturday at the bargain price of £12 per night. Get in quick as there is a very limited number of rooms at this price (apparently).

GO NOW AND BOOK YOUR ROOM! Why are you still reading this?

I just booked both nights, but at an average price of £28 per night.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon Corby » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 am

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Finally paid.

Plus - the Travelodge Christmas sale started this morning at 6am - I've just booked a room for the Friday and Saturday at the bargain price of £12 per night. Get in quick as there is a very limited number of rooms at this price (apparently).

GO NOW AND BOOK YOUR ROOM! Why are you still reading this?

I just booked both nights, but at an average price of £28 per night.

Bouch. Are you going to pay £140 or whatever-it-was for your train journey again this time as well?
User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:33 am

Jon Corby wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Jon Corby wrote:Finally paid.

Plus - the Travelodge Christmas sale started this morning at 6am - I've just booked a room for the Friday and Saturday at the bargain price of £12 per night. Get in quick as there is a very limited number of rooms at this price (apparently).

GO NOW AND BOOK YOUR ROOM! Why are you still reading this?

I just booked both nights, but at an average price of £28 per night.

Bouch. Are you going to pay £140 or whatever-it-was for your train journey again this time as well?

No. I'll book in advance this time.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Graeme Cole » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm

In.
User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Graeme Cole » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Top tip: if you're staying Friday and Saturday night at the Lincoln Thorpe on the Hill Travelbodge, http://www.travelodge.co.uk seems to give a slightly cheaper rate than www2.travelodge.co.uk. The mind boggles.

Seemed to have gone up to £31 per night since others booked their rooms, though. After I booked it's gone up even further. Crafty sods.

Edit: fun fact, I did a Google search on "Travelbodge" to see if this nickname was in common currency, and the first result was a blog post by Liam Herringshaw. Small world.
User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Matt Morrison » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Can't remember if it's been said here but you need to book Friday and Saturday separately. Last time I checked (and this is what we did last year) it was £19 for the Friday night and £31 (ish) for the Saturday, if you book both together you pay the higher rate for both nights.
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:22 pm

I booked separately and got £23.50 and £32.50. I chose not to pay double just so that I could cancel the room (obviously - does anyone do this?) and didn't pay the insurance thing so that you can also cancel the room but for a cheaper price.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Graeme Cole » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:Can't remember if it's been said here but you need to book Friday and Saturday separately. Last time I checked (and this is what we did last year) it was £19 for the Friday night and £31 (ish) for the Saturday, if you book both together you pay the higher rate for both nights.

Might have been the case a few days ago, but seemingly not any more. Something like £29 for the Friday and £35 for the Saturday.
User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Matt Morrison » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:46 pm

Also don't forget that unless you've got some bedroom oddness going on and are too embarrassed to share your room with another freak off of Countdown then they're all family rooms, they can sleep 2 using the separate double and sofa bed or three if two share the double - makes the prices a lot nicer and you get to know a couple of people that much better.
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Lesley Hines » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:Also don't forget that unless you've got some bedroom oddness going on and are too embarrassed to share your room with another freak off of Countdown then they're all family rooms, they can sleep 2 using the separate double and sofa bed or three if two share the double - makes the prices a lot nicer and you get to know a couple of people that much better.

I think we all know what happened the last time you "got to know someone better".
Lowering the averages since 2009
User avatar
Lesley Hines
Kiloposter
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Worcester

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Dinos Sfyris » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Room booked both nights £29 and £35.50. Paypalling Ben as I type* :) Very excited for a Hexy stopover



*Jokes: everyone knows I can't multitask, but srsly I'm doing that next
Dinos Sfyris
Fanatic
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jennifer Steadman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Being terrible at Countdown and being in Cornwall are no match for too much time, money and curiosity. See you all there. :)
User avatar
Jennifer Steadman
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 340
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon Corby » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:52 pm

19 paid up with almost two months still to go - bitchin'

What's the maximum occupancy Neb?
User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Jon Corby wrote:19 paid up with almost two months still to go - bitchin'

What's the maximum occupancy Neb?


54. Long way to go yet...
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:04 pm

Food- As frequent attendees will know, the last few years for an additional £2 a cooked lunch has been offered. Would there be any interest in this this time around? Following the slightly disappointing returns for food at CoNot, I do need people to let me know one way or the other pretty quickly to get an idea of whether or not it'd be feasible.
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:Food- As frequent attendees will know, the last few years for an additional £2 a cooked lunch has been offered. Would there be any interest in this this time around? Following the slightly disappointing returns for food at CoNot, I do need people to let me know one way or the other pretty quickly to get an idea of whether or not it'd be feasible.

Did you have food at CONOT? I don't remember it. Maybe that's where it went wrong. I seem to remember having food at COLIN and I'd have that again.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Thomas Carey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:33 am

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Food- As frequent attendees will know, the last few years for an additional £2 a cooked lunch has been offered. Would there be any interest in this this time around? Following the slightly disappointing returns for food at CoNot, I do need people to let me know one way or the other pretty quickly to get an idea of whether or not it'd be feasible.

Did you have food at CONOT? I don't remember it. Maybe that's where it went wrong. I seem to remember having food at COLIN and I'd have that again.

We had pizza, right?
I couldn't think of a better signature.
User avatar
Thomas Carey
Devotee
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Matt Morrison » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:06 am

No thanks from us Ben.
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon Corby » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:28 am

No thanks for food Ben. Liquid lunch again methinks :)
User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon O'Neill » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:40 am

I also do not think for myself, so will pass on the food.
User avatar
Jon O'Neill
Ginger Ninja
 
Posts: 3843
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Thomas Carey wrote:
Gavin Chipper wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Food- As frequent attendees will know, the last few years for an additional £2 a cooked lunch has been offered. Would there be any interest in this this time around? Following the slightly disappointing returns for food at CoNot, I do need people to let me know one way or the other pretty quickly to get an idea of whether or not it'd be feasible.

Did you have food at CONOT? I don't remember it. Maybe that's where it went wrong. I seem to remember having food at COLIN and I'd have that again.

We had pizza, right?

Yes. I think you were lucky to be my opponent in the next game after I bought the pizza and as it was quite large I offloaded some of it onto you.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Matt Bayfield » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 pm

I'll happily be in for a cooked lunch if one is going to be available.
Matt Bayfield
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 8:39 am
Location: England

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby JimBentley » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Food for me too please Ben, if it's gonna be available.
User avatar
JimBentley
Legend
 
Posts: 1583
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 pm
Location: Redcar, UK

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Mike Brown » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Hot food sounds good, Ben. And I also thought there was no food on offer at CONOT, or was it just the offer of sandwiches or something??
User avatar
Mike Brown
Legend
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: King's Lynn

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Richard Priest » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Cooked lunch for me too please Ben. I don't remember hot food being on offer at CoNot either....
User avatar
Richard Priest
Devotee
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:30 pm
Location: Newcastle-under-Lyme

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:20 am

Hot food wasn't actually on offer at CoNot, as Mike says it was the offer of sandwiches that met with a lukewarm response. I'll let my mum know lunch is in demand again. :)
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Jon Corby » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:44 am

If anyone is still looking to book the Travelodge, I just received an email saying that I can have £15 off selected hotels until 31 January if I check out using the code GK23487G (Lincoln Thorpe-On-The-Hill is one of the selected hotels), so you can use that if you like.
User avatar
Jon Corby
Moral Hero
 
Posts: 7235
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Graeme Cole » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Yes to food please, Ben.
User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Mark Deeks » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Always up for some nosh
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
User avatar
Mark Deeks
Kiloposter
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Phil Reynolds » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 am

Mark Deeks wrote:Always up for some nosh

Suddenly, I'm interested.
User avatar
Phil Reynolds
Postmaster General
 
Posts: 3112
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Matt Morrison » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Phil Reynolds wrote:
Mark Deeks wrote:Always up for some nosh

Suddenly, I'm interested.

Haha, I was going to do that but it's way sexier that you did Phil.
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:Howdy y'all

COLIN is back for #8, bigger, better and benner*

This asterisk is just left hanging. This is unacceptable.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:Howdy y'all

COLIN is back for #8, bigger, better and benner*

This asterisk is just left hanging. This is unacceptable.


http://www.apterous.org/lexplorer.php?word=benner Forgive my use of acceptable Scrabble terminology- asterisks denote words that aren't valid but likely should be.
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Kirk Bevins » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:17 am

Food for me please...especially crumble.
User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Stewart Gordon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 am

Seems we've got quite a lot of people in already - including quite a handful I've never heard of!

Count me in for anything edible that turns out to be on offer.
Stewart Gordon
Acolyte
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 pm

Quick reminder- the discounted entry fee ends at 11:59pm tomorrow night. There are still absolutely loads of places so if you're interested please do get in touch. If I get 7 more entries today and tomorrow to take the total to 36, I will use the £56 to buy an extra-special freebie for every COLIN 2012 entrant.
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Andy Platt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:06 pm

I want in but I've been too lazy to sort out my entry, tomorrow it'll have to be. I love deadlines.


Edit: Sent now
User avatar
Andy Platt
Kiloposter
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Andy Platt » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Anyone in a room with an unused sofa bed and willing to sell it? There's only family rooms left on the site, and indeed at 50 quid each. Could share a new room with someone if they like - the family ones are the ones with the sofa beds in
Last edited by Andy Platt on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Andy Platt
Kiloposter
 
Posts: 1055
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ben Wilson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:37 pm

DETAILS OF FOOD

There will indeed be a cooked lunch available at COLIN this year, and here are the details:

For the main course you have a choice of sausage casserole or (for the veggies) a stilton and broccoli quiche, served with mashed potato and peas. Dessert will consist of apple pie with custard or cream.

Unfortunately due to space in the COLIN kitchen I can only offer up 20 lunches so it'll be first-come, first-served. The cost will be £2.50, preferably paid in advance.
Ben Wilson
Legend
 
Posts: 3117
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby James Robinson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:First-come, first-served. The cost will be £2.50, preferably paid in advance.

Casserole & Apple Pie With Custard, please. :P
User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Kirk Bevins » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Casserole and apple pie and custard please. Sorry to hear there's no crumble.

Can I pay on the day? I promise I will...
User avatar
Kirk Bevins
God
 
Posts: 4910
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Thomas Carey » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:22 pm

The quiche thing and apple pie w. custard, please. Paypalling the money now.
I couldn't think of a better signature.
User avatar
Thomas Carey
Devotee
 
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: North-West of Bradford

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Mike Brown » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Casserole and apple pie please Ben, if I'm not too late. Payment sent. :)

This event is looking epic, by the way, with a good turnout on the cards!
User avatar
Mike Brown
Legend
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: King's Lynn

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby James Robinson » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Mike Brown wrote:This event is looking epic, by the way, with a good turnout on the cards!

Yeah, can't believe it's only 3 weeks to go :!: :shock:
User avatar
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 7996
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm
Location: Mirfield, West Yorkshire

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Ben Wilson wrote:DETAILS OF FOOD

There will indeed be a cooked lunch available at COLIN this year, and here are the details:

For the main course you have a choice of sausage casserole or (for the veggies) a stilton and broccoli quiche, served with mashed potato and peas. Dessert will consist of apple pie with custard or cream.

Unfortunately due to space in the COLIN kitchen I can only offer up 20 lunches so it'll be first-come, first-served. The cost will be £2.50, preferably paid in advance.

So would the Stilton speicfy on it that it's vegetarian? A lot of people think that cheese is automatically vegetarian, when it actually isn't.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Graeme Cole » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Casserole and apple pie with custard, please.
User avatar
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Gavin Chipper » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Gavin Chipper wrote:
Ben Wilson wrote:DETAILS OF FOOD

There will indeed be a cooked lunch available at COLIN this year, and here are the details:

For the main course you have a choice of sausage casserole or (for the veggies) a stilton and broccoli quiche, served with mashed potato and peas. Dessert will consist of apple pie with custard or cream.

Unfortunately due to space in the COLIN kitchen I can only offer up 20 lunches so it'll be first-come, first-served. The cost will be £2.50, preferably paid in advance.

So would the Stilton speicfy on it that it's vegetarian? A lot of people think that cheese is automatically vegetarian, when it actually isn't.

But assuming all is well, I'll have that and the apple pie without custard or cream, if I'm not too late.
Gavin Chipper
Postman Pat
 
Posts: 5292
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Dinos Sfyris » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Assuage Eracloses and Pippa Lee for me too. Paying à la Kirk (you know I'm good for it!)
Dinos Sfyris
Fanatic
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Sheffield

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Matt Morrison » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Liverpool vs Manchester United Colin weekend. Please, please play Sunday lunchtime or Saturday evening you cunts. I'm not missing it.
User avatar
Matt Morrison
Post-apocalypse
 
Posts: 6590
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: London

Re: Countdown in Lincoln 2012- Saturday 28th January

Postby Ryan Taylor » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Matt Morrison wrote:Liverpool vs Manchester United Colin weekend. Please, please play Sunday lunchtime or Saturday evening you cunts. I'm not missing it.

Can't wait. Hopefully it will be Saturday evening. Last year was Corby's Southampton going out at home and this year will be Liverpool going out at home. Happy COLIN-ing!
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General
 
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Next

Return to Countdown - Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest