CoLei

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

CoLei

Post by Jeff Clayton »

Hi chaps

Well, CoLei is a subject I'm coming back to far later than I would've liked, and it has been mentioned and queried by people in various posts in different places. However, we've not had a proper thread to discuss it and I would like to see definite expressions of interest (or otherwise) before I press ahead.

So...

If you would be interested in attending a tournament, if you can get to Leicester, and if you fancy bashing some words and numbers for a day, please tell me here.

I appreciate that the exam season is creeping up on the academic contingent once again, but we have a timescale of between now and the beginning of September to play with. If you have a preference(s) for dates, do make them known.

And if you've any other quirky suggestions or ideas, throw them in for good measure.

Over to you!
Jeff
Ben Wilson
Legend

Re: CoLei

Post by Ben Wilson »

Any time other than August is best for me (serious Scrabbling season, August is). Leicester's no problem for me travel-wise.
Joseph Bolas
Fanatic

Post by Joseph Bolas »

I am not good at Geography, but would I be right in saying that Leicester is roughly bewteen Bristol and Lincoln (if travelling from one to the other)?
Last edited by Joseph Bolas on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karen Pearson
Devotee

Post by Karen Pearson »

As long as the date works out for me, I should be there.
Paul Howe
Kiloposter

Post by Paul Howe »

I'd definitely be interested in attending, especially as I haven't managed to get to a tournament for over a year now.

July or later would be the best time for me.
Charlie Reams
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Reams »

Ben Wilson wrote:Any time other than August is best for me (serious Scrabbling season, August is). Leicester's no problem for me travel-wise.
Likewise, and August onwards is dandy for me. Hopefully I'll be applying to the show around the same time.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

Charlie Reams wrote:
Likewise, and August onwards is dandy for me. Hopefully I'll be applying to the show around the same time.
Miracles do happen, yes!

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Howard Somerset
Kiloposter

Post by Howard Somerset »

Leicester is no problem at all for travelling. Likely problem for me is a suitable date, as I'm away more than I'm at home during summer months. I'll wait to see when CoLei is to be held, and come if I can. :)
Dinos Sfyris
Series 80 Champion

Post by Dinos Sfyris »

Like many have already said the big August break would be good (presuming I don't have to do any resits!).
Mark Tournoff
Series 52 Champion

Post by Mark Tournoff »

Hi Jeff,

Count me in as long as I'm available. Spring or autumn are preferable -I experience a compulsion to be outside during the summer!

Mark T.
Martin Gardner
Kiloposter

Post by Martin Gardner »

I think I'd rather go to Colin as the date there works out well for me. I will follow this thread though.

Martin
If you cut a gandiseeg in half, do you get two gandiseegs or two halves of a gandiseeg?
Jeff Clayton
Enthusiast

Post by Jeff Clayton »

Ok chaps, thanks for your various messages.

The jury will now retire to consider a date as it looks for a suitable venue. I will report back as soon as I have something credible to propose to you all, and hope that this won't be too long.

Cheers
Jeff