Co.Dublin who would be interested?

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Edward Byrne
Rookie

Co.Dublin who would be interested?

Post by Edward Byrne »

It would be great to introduce a co-event, in a different place to where one has ever been held before. A perfect excuse to travel to Dublin. There are a good number of Irish countdown players and it would also be nice if people were interested in coming from the uk to take part.

I have looked at the co. calendar to ensure that this doesn't clash with any other dates, and the date I am suggesting if this was to take place would be Saturday October 24th. I would like to know who would be interested if such an event were to take place, so please let me know if you would be interested in attending. Please reply here if you would be interested in going and dependent on numbers this event will take place. I understand it may be an issue travelling from the uk, but it is a short flight and if booked a few months in advance flights can be cheap. I also hope to attract Irish players from the countdown community.
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Re: Co.Dublin who would be interested?

Post by James Robinson »

I would love to go across, just to be able to visit Ireland for the first time. Would certainly be interested. ;) :) :D
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Potentially- I tried to get an event going in Belfast last year but wasn't able to get enough interest/couldn't get the venue I wanted. I'd be interested, definitely. :-)
Jennifer Steadman
Kiloposter

Post by Jennifer Steadman »

As long as no one makes me drink Guinness and I can make casually racist comments about potatoes all day, this would be dead on.
"There's leaders, and there's followers, but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower" - Aristotle
Edward Byrne
Rookie

Post by Edward Byrne »

Jennifer Steadman wrote:As long as no one makes me drink Guinness and I can make casually racist comments about potatoes all day, this would be dead on.
Racist comments about potatoes that made me lol :lol:
Mike Brown
Legend

Post by Mike Brown »

I'd also be interested. Sounds good. :)
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Edward Byrne wrote:I have looked at the co. calendar to ensure that this doesn't clash with any other dates, and the date I am suggesting if this was to take place would be Saturday October 24th.
Just to throw a curveball, Eddy, I actually have COHUD provisionally booked for October 10, but that doesn't mean that both can't take place, as it's probably unlikely that so many will attend both, but the ball's in your court, so to speak. :D
Edward Byrne
Rookie

Post by Edward Byrne »

I am in very early stages of planning it, the date is very provisional, im not even sure if there is enough interest for such an event to take place yet
James Robinson
Post-apocalypse

Post by James Robinson »

Edward Byrne wrote:I am in very early stages of planning it, the date is very provisional, im not even sure if there is enough interest for such an event to take place yet
Fair enough, just thought I'd keep you in the loop. ;)
Mark Murray
Series 70 Champion

Post by Mark Murray »

definitely interested!!
Mark Murray
Series 70 Champion

Post by Mark Murray »

Antoinette Ryan is interested too
Chris Marshall
Acolyte

Post by Chris Marshall »

Sounds like a good craic. I would choose Huddersfield though if it was October 10th as I could walk there.
Tracey Anne Mills
Devotee
Location: The Series 72 Runner Up, The Crazy Cat Lady that lives with her two cats Freddie and Callie

Post by Tracey Anne Mills »

Might be Interested sounds like fun
Tracey 'Old Enough To Be My Mum' Mills aka Crazy Cat Lady and Cat Lover
Rose Boyle

Post by Rose Boyle »

Hey, been chatting to Eddie, I'd be up for Dublin event too. Saying maybe November
sean d
Acolyte

Post by sean d »

This is extraordinarily exciting, if I'm entirely honest! And Eddy has saved me the bother of trying to organise one, so big thumbs up.

All cross-channel visitors will be force fed Guinness and potatoes for the duration. Whether the spuds are cooked first is at the discretion of the host.
Mark James
Kiloposter

Post by Mark James »

In.