COLIN XI- Countdown in Lincoln, 24-25 January 2015

Discussion and announcements relating to unofficial Countdown competitions, held online or in real life. Observation, discussion, reflection, and other stuff ending in -ion.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Re: COLIN XI- Countdown in Lincoln, 24-25 January 2015

Post by Richard Priest »

Ben - are there any arrangements for lunch being provided or do we get our own from the shops?
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Richard Priest wrote:Ben - are there any arrangements for lunch being provided or do we get our own from the shops?
There won't be any lunches laid on but there are plenty of shops and takeaways nearby. There's a McDonalds near the A46 roundabout (practically next door to the Sunday venue) and there's a subway and several takeouts in the opposite direction (and an Asda a little bit further). :)
Andy Platt
Kiloposter

Post by Andy Platt »

Paid for Saturday only, see you soon.
Richard Priest
Devotee

Post by Richard Priest »

I'm going to have to pull out due to feeling lousy, suspected tonsillitis. Sorry Ben. Gutted, was looking forward to seeing people again. Brown stuff happens I guess.... :(
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Richard Priest wrote:I'm going to have to pull out due to feeling lousy, suspected tonsillitis. Sorry Ben. Gutted, was looking forward to seeing people again. Brown stuff happens I guess.... :(
Sorry to hear that Richard. :( Hope to see you at the next one!
Ben Wilson
Legend

Post by Ben Wilson »

Updated seedings:

1 Conor Travers
2 Innis Carson
3 Jack Worsley
4 Dylan Taylor
5 Kirk Bevins
6 Giles Hutchings
7 Mark Deeks
8 Callum Todd
9 Jon O’Neill
10 Graeme Cole
11 Jen Steadman
12 Zarte Siempre
13 Jon Corby
14 Rob Foster
15 Andy Platt
16 Jamie McNeill
17 Jonathan Rawlinson
18 James Robinson
19 Ryan Taylor
20 Matt Baywatch
21 George Ford
22 Mark Davies
23 Jonathan Wynn
24 Dinos Sfyris
25 Andy McGurn
26 Tom Rowell
27 Heather Styles
28 Jim Bentley
29 Michelle Nevitt
30 Paul Worsley
31 John Vivian
32 Tom Carey
33 Stewart Gordon
34 Chris Marshall
35 Mike Brown
36 Philip Jarvis
37 Tracey Mills
38 Alan Young
39 Jeff Clayton
40 Adam Dexter
41 Lauren Baywatch
42 Matt Morrison
43 James Laverty
44 Gevin Chapwell
45 Rhys Benjamin
46 Lee Fisher
47 Lucy Westwood
Mark Deeks
Fanatic

Post by Mark Deeks »

Thanks again Ben, great craic and surpassed my highest expectations with that performance. Highlight - the girl at the pub. Lowlight - being roughly 70% of the most monstrous composite photo known to man.
Eoin Monaghan wrote:
He may not be liked on here, but you have to give some credit to Mark
Graeme Cole
Series 65 Champion

Post by Graeme Cole »

Many thanks, Ben, and Ben's mum and everyone else involved. Once again, you've pulled off the best co-event ever.

Also once again, Ben, you suggested that you were unsure whether you were going to do a Hangover event next year. In my view it's very much part of COLIN weekend now, and a very enjoyable part too, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that we'd very much like it to appear again next year. All the work you do on these events is greatly appreciated by us all.
Zarte Siempre
Series 78 Champion

Post by Zarte Siempre »

Graeme Cole wrote:Many thanks, Ben, and Ben's mum and everyone else involved. Once again, you've pulled off the best co-event ever.

Also once again, Ben, you suggested that you were unsure whether you were going to do a Hangover event next year. In my view it's very much part of COLIN weekend now, and a very enjoyable part too, and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that we'd very much like it to appear again next year. All the work you do on these events is greatly appreciated by us all.
^
Possibly the first contestant to accelerate with a mic clipped...
Callum Todd
Series 69 Champion

Post by Callum Todd »

Zarte Siempre wrote:
Graeme Cole wrote:Many thanks, Ben, and Ben's mum and everyone else involved. Once again, you've pulled off the best co-event ever.

^
^
Mark Deeks wrote:Callum Todd looks like a young Ted Bundy.
Gavin Chipper
Post-apocalypse

Post by Gavin Chipper »

Callum Todd wrote:
Zarte Siempre wrote:

^
^
^
Ryan Taylor
Postmaster General

Post by Ryan Taylor »

>
Innis Carson
Devotee

Post by Innis Carson »

Thanks very much to Ben and everyone else who played a part in the organisation, I had a lot of fun. Was great to see so many of you, and finally see what the fuss was about after all these years!
George Pryn
Acolyte

Post by George Pryn »

Ryan Taylor wrote:

>
<